Yamalube

I forgot which yamalube legdrag told me to use. I think it was R-2 but when I went to Yamaha they told me to use W-2 because its made for marine applications. I could call Dave or Kevin but for such a simple question I figured Id ask you all first.

Or just save your money and buy some penzoil from wal-mart.

I remember someone saying that the yamalube IS actually penzoil with a different color dye.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Klotz smells better and taste like cherry coolaid
BC-175.jpg

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Not to mention, castor oil makes more power than petro or synthetic oil. As long as you don't have powervalves to gum up, you can't go wrong with it.

I use Klotz and its a bit expensive. They told me Yamalube is good oil and it come in a size that mixed with 5 gals makes 40:1ish.

I just wanted to know it if was the R-2 that people run or W-2. I think LegDrag told me R-2.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Sorry we got off track. Yamalube is good stuff too. I disagree that it is the same thing as the Walmart Penzol. It doesn't smell the same and doesn't smoke a bad.
Here's the 2-R and the 2-W for everyone comparsion

Last edited:

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
For god's sake, would you all just run a TCW-3 rated oil !!!! Dirt bike oil POISONS the water. Get with the program. No wonder environmentalist hate us so much.

For god's sake, would you all just run a TCW-3 rated oil !!!! Dirt bike oil POISONS the water. Get with the program. No wonder environmentalist hate us so much.

I’m an environmental major a USF. All 2S Oils poison the water period. That a major reason for switching to 4-stokes. Four strokes also more efficiently burn the fuel so less of it ends up in the water and air.

All I wanted to know is if someone ran 2-R here so I can. I’m pretty sure they told me 2-R I just wanted some conformation.

Top Bottom