Yamaslut 1997 Freeride Ski Build Thread - January 2006

Y

yamaslut

RedRider27 said:
nice do u stop at 180 4 the last sand or 220

180grit usually. I guess you could finish it off w/ 220 or 360, but I want the fill primer to stick good...

After I fill prime it and guide coat it, I like to wet sand it w/ 400grit wetsand paper for the final sand...

Y

yamaslut

Update:

I had to move the steering pivot bolt to the middle hole on the turnplate to prevent the steering from bottoming out and bending the shaft.

fyi:
I still get the same amount of steering throw, ya just have to turn the bars another .25" to get the same throw...

I will be doing periodic updates when/if things need to be changed or modified

Legdragger

Bringing it back
yamaslut said:
Update:

I had to move the steering pivot bolt to the middle hole on the turnplate to prevent the steering from bottoming out and bending the shaft.

fyi:
I still get the same amount of steering throw, ya just have to turn the bars another .25" to get the same throw...

I will be doing periodic updates when/if things need to be changed or modified

I widened my steering stop so I could run extremely quick steering without hyperextending the cable. It is a lot of fun riding waves on the inside with super quick steering.

Y

yamaslut

Legdragger said:
I widened my steering stop so I could run extremely quick steering without hyperextending the cable. It is a lot of fun riding waves on the inside with super quick steering.

I thought about that, but it's only a 1/4" more that you have to move the bars... I don't think I'll notice it...

Y

yamaslut

:Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

werd......

Y

yamaslut

Ollie Rastabean said:
I will be making a wider stop in the next month or so.

I will just knock a second one out. No big deal.

I liked the way it worked out for me this weekend....

the ski is nice, I like the footstrap and the reinforcement pretty well.

Of course there are a lot better skis out there . But I think it s something special caz you did all that work on your own and didnt just let somebody do it. and As the picutres show, you did it very good. :hail:

Y

yamaslut

werd up... I know everything, I mean everything about this boat... I tightened ever bolt and screw w/ my own hands...
:Banane01:

2-stroketerrorist

Rev it till it blows!!!
ski looks tip-top, nice work, i see you painted the hull in yer back garden, couldnt get away with that over here as its always raining:frown: . i have just finished painting my ski mayb you guys would like a look....:headbang:

Y

yamaslut

post it in the Freeride section
:Banane01:

2-stroketerrorist said:
ski looks tip-top, nice work, i see you painted the hull in yer back garden, couldnt get away with that over here as its always raining:frown: . i have just finished painting my ski mayb you guys would like a look....:headbang:

Top Bottom