300/440/550 Yet Another X2 project!!

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
That is painted. The 94 and 95's were a terrible purple color.

You should do like Brent did... Put your 800 in your X2. Then sell of the rest of your 800 stuff that you don't need and buy a used RN with that cash!!!

DBR

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Blwnbrd, I wish you lived near me, because I would pay you a ton of cash to turf mine.(I hate turfing more than anything) Awesome job on that. Keep the x2! DB is right, put the 800 in the x2...lol That x2 is too mint to let go!

Yeah the Plastic was a nasty purple, I just used reg. spray on it. Shawn NJ turfing the ski was not that bad, that was my first time doing a job like that with a few little flaws, but I learned alot for the next one I do. No way would I get rid of the SXR, that ski ROCKS!! Ill just end up getting a RN to add to my collection and find an 800 motor for the X2[EVIL][/EVIL]

Got a few more things done today, mounted the Bilge and installed Bilge fitting aswell as some polished pisser's.

Attachments

• DSCN1551.jpg
    DSCN1551.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN1553.jpg
    DSCN1553.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN1554.jpg
    DSCN1554.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 104

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
You think your SX-R rocks and it does. But it was worth it putting the 800 in my X-2. It ran like ******** for me at Daytona and I was still really impressed. I cant wait to ride now that I have cleaned the sand out of the carbs.

You think your SX-R rocks and it does. But it was worth it putting the 800 in my X-2. It ran like ******** for me at Daytona and I was still really impressed. I cant wait to ride now that I have cleaned the sand out of the carbs.

Was that you going off on the white X-2 in Daytona?
Someone was going hugh down there and I never did figure out who.
If so :hail: :hail:
Later
Steve

Jack Flash

Old Skool Racer
Yeah the Plastic was a nasty purple, I just used reg. spray on it. Shawn NJ turfing the ski was not that bad, that was my first time doing a job like that with a few little flaws, but I learned alot for the next one I do. No way would I get rid of the SXR, that ski ROCKS!! Ill just end up getting a RN to add to my collection and find an 800 motor for the X2[EVIL][/EVIL]

Got a few more things done today, mounted the Bilge and installed Bilge fitting aswell as some polished pisser's.
I noticed in the picture of your bilge pump, on the driveshaft you can see what looks like an o-ring or some sort of clip towards the back by the bearing. Is that normal as I have the exact same think lurking on the driveshaft in my ski and I thought it was the bearing giving in?

here is my x-2 with a 750 i just finished it about a week ago and i cant wait to ride it. your project lookes great, you got a good hull to work with. gotta love those getrealperfomance steering knuckles! cant beat 150$ compared to the 300$ umi

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.1.jpg
    2.1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Got the motor put together, made a bracket for the primer and finished up a few little things. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSCN1556.jpg
    DSCN1556.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN1558.jpg
    DSCN1558.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 117

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Looking good, I love these threads, compare your pipe to the limited. Its just out of sight, but my primer is in the same spot.

Attachments

• 107_5170.jpg
    107_5170.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 107_5177.jpg
    107_5177.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 94

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
Starting to look really pretty there! That little thing's gonna haul some seriuos butt with all those nice gadgets on it!!!:arms:

Last edited:
Yeah, Im curious to see how well a modded 650 will run? I have only ridden a stock 650, and a stock 650 aint no FUN!! Im sure coming from my modded SXR is gonna feel like a pig, more to motivate me to do the swap!!

Top Bottom