Your tool kit - at the beach, at the lake!

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
So I'm putting together a tool kit to take with me when I take my ski out. I'd like to cover most of my bases. I'm not looking to do engine swap or anything of the sort - just basic maintenance.

I'd like to know what you have in your tool kit, that you take with you when you go riding. I have a few things in mine, but I was short a couple tools today when a riding partner needed an allen wrench.

I have:

Metric socket set
Screwdrivers. Standard & Phillips
Small screwdriver for adjusting the carb
Spark plug socket
Crescent Wrench

I'd like some ideas of what else to add.

Feel free to toss in other suggestions as well that are "must haves".

Thanks in advance!
(Yes, I searched for tool kit ideas...got 4 pages of nothing relevant, lol!)

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
If u ask anyone i ride with they will say my Altima has enough spare parts in it to build a few extra skis.

Plus a few things of 5min epoxy, expandable foam,tons of bungy straps, extra motor, etc.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
8,10,12mm metric box wrenches (having 2 10mm wrenches good for throttle/choke/pump nozzle)

Wire cutters/crimpers

Metric/SAE allen wrench/sockets

#3 phillips for ebox screws

hose clamps

aquamend epoxy putty from home depot

extra ski

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
When I had to drive to the lake, I had minimal tools. Allen wrenches, spark plug wrench, and a very basic auto kit. If that wouldn't fix it, my day was done. When I went to Daytona though, I brought a lot more tools and spare parts for all the thing that I could think of that might go wrong.

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
Awesome! This is what I was looking for. I brought some of those wrench sizes with me today but missed the 8.

#3 phillips. Good to know. :)

Whats the aquamend putty? Whats that used for?

8,10,12mm metric box wrenches (having 2 10mm wrenches good for throttle/choke/pump nozzle)

Wire cutters/crimpers

Metric/SAE allen wrench/sockets

#3 phillips for ebox screws

hose clamps

aquamend epoxy putty from home depot

extra ski

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
Flywheel puller and bendix

Flywheel puller? That seems pretty in-depth, doesn't it?

If I have to pull the flywheel, I think I'm done riding for the day, lol.

Bendix is good though. I plan on getting an extra starter.

Does someone have a diagram of the starter? I've not gotten into that yet and I don't know what part to replace. The Bendix is a spring, isn't it?

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Awesome! This is what I was looking for. I brought some of those wrench sizes with me today but missed the 8.

#3 phillips. Good to know. :)

Whats the aquamend putty? Whats that used for?

It is a 5min epoxy putty that is designed for fiberglass, etc. , the beautiful thing is it can be used on wet surfaces. For example, rigging something at the beach.

8mm is for steering cable end jam nuts, some other small yami hardware, etc.

Last edited:

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
It is a 5min epoxy putty that is designed for fiberglass, etc. , the beautiful thing is it can be used on wet surfaces. For example, rigging something at the beach.

8mm is for steering cable end jam nuts, some other small yami hardware, etc.

I had a huge crack in my gastank, and wanted to keep riding so i used 5 min epoxy on it. Last 6 rides at the lake, then did it again til i bought a new tank. LOL

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
5 Minute Epoxy Putty from Home Depot... check!

Thanks. :) Keep the ideas coming. By the time we're done, I'll just buy a Snap-On truck. :)

The Penguin

triple secret probation
a wrench pre-bent to fit your b-pipe. offset wrenches also come in handy.

spare gaskets: b-pipe, intake manifold, flywheel cover

fuel filters

spare bilge pump, prewired - ready to install

extra scupper flap (if you have scupper)

asstd butt-splices (heat shrink, adhesive-lined, with solder...the expensive ones) and ring terminals

extra ODI grips, lock rings, and screws for lock rings

hose clamps

extra o'rings for heads, flywheel covers

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Spark plug socket

Drop that and a bunch of other stuff, you can always use an adjustable wrench for little things like that.

But... bring the full tool box with you just in case... if you'll need to work on the buddy's ski... :smokin:

Top Bottom