Custom/Hybrid Zw-e.f.i.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Ok, My car fuels primarily off of a wideband o2 and a map sensor to read boost. (Bosh motronic me 7.5) If you go wideband how will you overcome water on the sensor? I know on a wet pipe the mist of water in the chamber actually comes back into the cylinder. ( the main reason a dry pipe is easier to burn down your motor) I just wonder about the accuracy of a wideband once you incorporate water into the exhaust mix over the sensor. Id love to run dual EGT sensors on my motor just to be safe.

What he said.

found this

"You can't have the WBO2 in contact with liquids like water injected exhaust. The sensor has a built in heating element that gets the sensor up to operating range quicker. When water or any other liquid comes in contact with the sensor's tip, the thermal shock will shatter the heating element in the sensor."

Stick with EGT, or fit it to a dry pipe

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
how did the couches solve those problems (Kawi, Seadoo, Polaris?) They had direct injection as far as I remember...those Di's were a piece of crap though... at least after a few seasons...

Waternut

Customizing addict
Dude if you can make it work on any two stroke ski, there are plenty of people on here that will be willing to adapt it to work on another ski/engine combo from a different brand.

If this only works with dry pipes then that's all the more reason to swap over. Everyone says the dry pipes produce more power anyway.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Dude if you can make it work on any two stroke ski, there are plenty of people on here that will be willing to adapt it to work on another ski/engine combo from a different brand.

If this only works with dry pipes then that's all the more reason to swap over. Everyone says the dry pipes produce more power anyway.

Probably wouldn't even work with a dry pipe, you would need completely dry exhaust from engine out, the motor can likely scavenge enough moisture out of the stinger fitting to wreck an O2 sensor. An open loop setup would eliminate these issues, closed loop is overkill IMO.
*just overlooked the first page and it seems that this has an EGT and is an open loop setup, not sure where the whole O2 sensor discussion started LOL

Last edited:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Derp, my attention span is very short. O2 sensor + wet exhaust = fail, does an O2 sensor even work with a two stroke?.

Last edited:
Top Bottom