$1 Build - roundnose conversion ala mode

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
It isn't THAT heavy. I carried the motor 30ft to and from the hull with ease. I weighed the 800 against a kaw 750 years ago. The 800 was about 20Lbs extra, if I remember correctly.
Space will be the bigger issue. There's a massive electrical box and a decent size coil box, too.

It isn't THAT heavy. I carried the motor 30ft to and from the hull with ease. I weighed the 800 against a kaw 750 years ago. The 800 was about 20Lbs extra, if I remember correctly.
Space will be the bigger issue. There's a massive electrical box and a decent size coil box, too.

cant you get around the sea doo electronics by using an Advent T4? no MPEM, no lanyard etc. Its a big chunk of change to make a motor run (685 is what I was quoted) but Im sure it will be worth it.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I've started to shorten the hull. Taking off about 4". I'm leaving a section along the edge of the ride plate full length, so I can install hull drains and keep all six ride plate mounts. I'm hoping this allows easier backflips, while keeping the hull from getting too loose while turning.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 88

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Have you checked the exhaust pipe clearance on that yet,if not you may be in for a surprise,the last time I tried to mock one of those up it was a no go because of the exhaust,I tried both the std exhaust and the RFI pipes,I did not have an aftermarket pipe to try out but those tend to be even bigger usually.Out of the two pipes I had the std pipe came closer to fitting but hit the side of the boat,the RFI pipe hit the bottom and the side of the boat.I have not tried to shoehorn one into a SJ yet just passing on the info.

Last edited:
G

Goose

Good idea but im not shure how that will work cause the rideplate legnth has alot of effect on how the nose comes up

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Good idea but im not shure how that will work cause the rideplate legnth has alot of effect on how the nose comes up

That's easily adjusted with longer/shorter plates. I could see having a short D cut plate like mine for flatwater then switching to a longer plate for surf

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
new parts

While I'm working out my build I decided to make my own pole mount. Here's my new lowered mount. I had more made, so they are for sale. I'd say this is THE LOWEST mount that will accept a stock or AC pole.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 99

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
1/8" stainless steel my friend. AND, I did a 2 hole version. (just in case) AND there is a 1/2" fwd option. I pretty much thought of everything. ( I hope )

My spidey senses tell me a topdeck photo may "leak" this week. just a hunch.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
1/8" stainless steel my friend. AND, I did a 2 hole version. (just in case) AND there is a 1/2" fwd option. I pretty much thought of everything. ( I hope )

My spidey senses tell me a topdeck photo may "leak" this week. just a hunch.

I'm giddy!

Top Bottom