1100 X2 Conversion Almost Done.....

tom21

havin fun
im betting it is cool motor wise, the water from the pisser is from the exhaust pipe bottom and is much hotter than the motor. its running like it should. you can pop over and ride the stx and see for yourself. that water around the pipe is cooling 3 cylinders of heat - its gonna be a tad warm. lol

The 1100 motors have problems with running hot, thats why its a good idea to tap each cyl on the head to cool it even. The front and backs get real hot. I dont know if you can do it on a stock head but I have been looking for an Aftermarket head for mine.

Scorn800

Ride for life
The triple Kawi conversion seems to be the new ticket to fast reliable boats. I saw 2 sxr 1100 this season. Both were sick fast and looked to handle well.

Last edited:
The 1100 motors have problems with running hot, thats why its a good idea to tap each cyl on the head to cool it even. The front and backs get real hot. I dont know if you can do it on a stock head but I have been looking for an Aftermarket head for mine.

i know ada makes one cause i was looking at getting it but cant justify the price for a sitdown

BlueBreadTruck

X-2? Yes please
That is a great job!

I am also in the process of installing an 1100. I am trying to keep the stock length driveshaft to have the motor foreward, i see that you were able to fit the stock F/A base, so hopefully my ocean pro's will fit also. i MAY go with a 550 tank also, but i have a superjet tank that I will try and make work

Sir, do you have any pics of the actual mounting plate/engine mounts, and how you did the exhaust? thanks!

karty

Nor Cal X-2 Rider
I am also looking to do this to one of my skis.
I have been watching a couple builders projects and I am starting to get the pieces collected to start.
What bedplate is used?
Is the 750 pump the way to go or what would be the "IDEAL" OEM pump?

I also heard that the 1100 X2 here in California is FOR SALE......Anyone know WHO is selling it and at what $$$$ is asking?

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
I also picked up a prop. Its a Skat-Trak Swirl 17-22.

thats the prop (literally) I had in my 1100 sxi, bottom end was sluggish but top speed , well , no one could ever hang on long enough without getting pitched..hard

dual cooling is a must and no more than 150 psi for pump gas , keep an eye on the rear cylinder, (its jetted different also)

Db

Here is a link to an actual video of a X-2 with an 1100 in it on the lake.

Enjoy. Turn your speakers up so you can hear the sound....

I have a feeling the price of 1100 engines is going to be going up soon....

Last edited by a moderator:

Yohns Kustom Fabrikation

Pushing The Limits
Insane!!!! I cant wait to get mine dialed in. Sounds alot like mine...super loud. Im going to get some good pics of my reassembly so everyone can see how I did it. Thanks for the remotivation Kawikidnva.

turboracer

I knew that was important
Love this...my 900 powered x2 is really loud too. Anyody found a way to tame the exhaust sound a bit?

Top Bottom