1100 X2 Conversion Almost Done.....

latest update

Bought this thing as a project and I just finushed it last night let me know what you think. Test run tonight or tomorrow after work. I'll post an update.
I made a custom watrbox and used a 2.5 gallon fuel can as a tank. Looks ghetto but its all I could get to fit with the waterbox up front.
IMAG0938.jpgIMAG0936.jpg

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Ghetto? I don't think it's ghetto. I think it's sexy. Actually, I think I might be just a bit arroused... :haha:

Haha, clean it up a little? That was the day i got it all stuffed in there and she was begging to get wet... No time to make it pretty. Unfortunately I used up all the magic trying to squeeze everything in there so i had to resort to stainless sheet metal for a hood bracket. If you guys are really interested I'll take a pic. Since these pics I did clean it up a lot and moved the battery to a bracket in the back just to the right of the driveshaft. That made a huge improvement with weight distribution.
The first time I took it out it ran great with absolutely no issues. It's ridiculously fast and super responsive. I had my phone on gps spedo mode and it read 53 max... For now. :)
The impeller is about 1.5 inches away from the blades in the pump. If i got it closer do you think I'd gain anything? I'm not too worried about going too much faster but it has enough power to waste so what the heck... Right? Wonder what it would take to get a zxi pump to fit??? I need to add flotation too... Any ideas?

And the 1100 chamber does rub a little but get some of the rubber sheet from under the tank and glue it between it and the hull... Problem solved.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Haha, clean it up a little? That was the day i got it all stuffed in there and she was begging to get wet... No time to make it pretty. Unfortunately I used up all the magic trying to squeeze everything in there so i had to resort to stainless sheet metal for a hood bracket. If you guys are really interested I'll take a pic. Since these pics I did clean it up a lot and moved the battery to a bracket in the back just to the right of the driveshaft. That made a huge improvement with weight distribution.
The first time I took it out it ran great with absolutely no issues. It's ridiculously fast and super responsive. I had my phone on gps spedo mode and it read 53 max... For now. :)
The impeller is about 1.5 inches away from the blades in the pump. If i got it closer do you think I'd gain anything? I'm not too worried about going too much faster but it has enough power to waste so what the heck... Right? Wonder what it would take to get a zxi pump to fit??? I need to add flotation too... Any ideas?

Yes, I am interested.

Top Bottom