300/440/550 1988 & 1990 Havasu pic's

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Here is a World Finals event poster from 90 or 91. I like the MTV style graphics.

Cool poster, It says free admission. But I think I had to pay $ for a "pit pass". That was a joke.
The girl in the box office was giving Harry Klem a hard time about his pass. She was clueless. :haha:

Holy crap! These are some of the best "oldie" shots I've ever seen. You even have one with a young "The IronMan" in one of the shots.

Having been down that road, it should now be clear why I hate yellow and purple so bad. The new people in this sport weren't bombarded with these colors enough to cause a lifetime burn-out. However, the PJS paint scheme has got to be the most classic and it hold up very well today. I loved it back then and would love to recreate it on a new SJ today.

What gear were you shooting with? (back then I was using an F1 and T90...and still have)

This is different:
normal_img083.jpg

Last edited:

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
i found a pic of me in that bunch.
i am right behind the 88 ski.
i got 2nd overall in legends that year.
3rd in slalmon and 5th in closed course.

thanks

gorilla

Last edited:

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Holy crap! These are some of the best "oldie" shots I've ever seen. You even have one with a young "The IronMan" in one of the shots.

Having been down that road, it should now be clear why I hate yellow and purple so bad. The new people in this sport weren't bombarded with these colors enough to cause a lifetime burn-out. However, the PJS paint scheme has got to be the most classic and it hold up very well today. I loved it back then and would love to recreate it on a new SJ today.

What gear were you shooting with? (back then I was using an F1 and T90...and still have)

This is different:
normal_img083.jpg

Don't you just love it!! Classics! Everyone had to have a pair of Iridium Oakleys just to protect your eyes from the neon! :haha: Back then only NASA had digital photography. I had a Minolta 8000i. I'm sure there are some way better shots buried away in some old moldy closet.

That picture was some sort of belt driven contraption?? designed to make a 550 run "better". He was swapping out motors...notice a cog belt wrapped around the drive coupler in the other shot. Any ideas what it did? Blower?,charging system?, ignition enhancer?, Altitude compensator?:haha: JK One off stuff is really cool. It takes guys like this that makes it all happen...experimentation.

I bet he didn't use epoxy on his re-enforcement of the bond line...It worked just fine though.

Last edited:

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
that was the 1st moto of legends, now expert vet ski.

i'm the 3rd one on the line.

1st is bret wade, second is john sometime, and me the gorilla.

i got the hole shot to the first bouy in that moto.
bret on the 650 got around me after the first bouy and fell right i front of me.
i went right over that 650 hard, and fell off. got a 6th in that race.
i had a piece of his rear bumper go through the bottom of my 440 s/s and hit the gas tank.
he's lucky i didnt kill him on that one !!!

good story's !!!

thanks

gorilla

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
awesome pics
i loved the 550 era
things were all about bling
there was exceitement in the air

i think that fywheel contrabtion you see is so he doesnt have to have the stator on the motor
probally to help him change engines quicker

I looks like it has a motorcycle flywheel as well which is a lot lot loghter

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Yeah those pics are great! I was wondering about that belt driven contraption myself. I would love to get my hands on a set of these cases:

http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7035

After thinking about the cases, Jet Ski Mechanic had a set and said they were West Coast versions for a Kawie 750. If these pics are form 1990... the 750 didn't come out until 1992! You can tell they are promoting the larger reed cages by comparing them to a set of 650's. Who knows... ???

Also what is up with this X2? It looks to have dual pipes!

http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7020

And for the bikinis... I am glad the "mom" jeans looking bottoms went out of style! But all the ladies still looked good!

http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7075

And she was the hottest girl out of all of them!

http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7084

Top Bottom