300/440/550 1988 & 1990 Havasu pic's

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
that is the best booty call i've seen on the net, that doesn't show nakedness.

here's a pic of both gorilla boats in 92.

thanks for the memory's.

i buddy down in san jose calif saw himself on the line with me and the other legends.

gorilla

Attachments

• gorilla boats.jpg
    gorilla boats.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 274
I thought these 2 were pretty cool......

Attachments

• normal_img021.jpg
    normal_img021.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 197
  • normal_img024.jpg
    normal_img024.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 223

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
God Damn. What the hell were we thinking? Sweet mullets and bikinis... god damn... those are awful. The 550's were a blast though... except when they sank.

thanks for the old school shots. i look pretty good on a 550 in freestyle by the way this is 1991. the reason i know because kawi would not let me race my superjet until 1992 at the finals.

Attachments

• normal_img467.jpg
    normal_img467.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 136
  • normal_img474.jpg
    normal_img474.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 124
  • normal_img478.jpg
    normal_img478.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Thanks SuperJETT for the front page spot! :hail: I Thought some of you would like the "Old School Flashback". :cheer:

No problem, this is really a cool feature so it deserves the attention. Thanks for taking the time to do it, I know how much work it had to be.

douglee25

m3booooy
I really wish I was able to attend an event like that back then. It looks like everyone is just out to have a good time. It really appears like everyone just hopped up motors and pumps. It doesn't look like they did much with the pole, pole pad, hull, etc. It was definitely the day ok Oakleys, big hair, and hiked up string bikinis! :smile: Thanks again for posting this.

Doug

After the race, Jeff's boat was quickly removed from the water. Tear down was performed somewhere else. "Secret Specs".

High tech.....Old school.

Double click on the pix....Big files.

The guy with the pink hat...I forget his name, but he has ALL the pictures from most all of the races. Another AWESOME photographer! Anyone recognize him?

If i'm not mistaken that guy in the pink hat's name was Andy. He used to cover all of Region 7 stuff back in the day. He was always a super nice guy. He covered all the Busch Cup races and national tour rounds also. I was there in 1990 for the 1st time in novice mod. We stayed the whole week and saw some of the best racing ever! Those are some cool pics! And that kid sitting next to Macc is his old buddy Matt Alligood.

Last edited:

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
If i'm not mistaken that guy in the pink hat's name was Andy. He used to cover all of Region 7 stuff back in the day. He was always a super nice guy. He covered all the Busch Cup races and national tour rounds also. I was there in 1990 for the 1st time in novice mod. We stayed the whole week and saw some of the best racing ever! Those are some cool pics! And that kid sitting next to Macc is his old buddy Matt Alligood.

Great memory Old203ga! That's right, Andy. I ran into him at the Harrisburg Pa and Point Pleasant NJ races. And If we could only get a hold of some of his pictures (negatives).....:cheer:

Hilli

S'Koolin'Em!;{-
Andy

Hey I remember him too, I wish I had some info to give to ya about contacting him.I was there for the entire Reg. 7 season, it was incredible.My first season racing(Beginner's Class), I think it was the first year they had a Championship trophy in that class!I walked away w/enough points for 2nd in CC and the Championship for slalom(8total/6rounds), but the memories of getting to be right in the mix, Priceless!Watching Macc get all pissed off when his 550 wouldn't run right, drive it right up on the beach and SLAM the handlepole down as hard as he could-stomping away!'90-'91 Good times!:biggthumpup:

godspeed

always buying used skis
thanks for posting pics ....that was a blast from the past . that was the years i started racing on the jersey shore :woot:

Top Bottom