Super Jet 1991 square nose

Hey this is my new ski i got a few months ago ski which i dont know exactly what has been done to it and wondering if any of you could help me out.
I believe it has a 93 701 engine, aftermarket pole, prop, intake grate, quick steer, handle bars, finger throttle, water box, hood, and a bilge pump.
Does this sound right and is there anything else that i missed that you can spot out in these pictures?
Plus it is soon to have watercraft factory footholds
Also i currently have the carb out for a rebuild
front.jpgside.jpgUnder the hood.jpgback.jpgprop.jpg

knew the original owner of it, that's a after market pole and hood. and it has the 701. runs pretty good just has a crazy death wobble at high speeds! it may have some goodies done in the motor too, not sure if pat did anything to it or not

What is the average length of a stock superjet pole? I heard most poles are about 3 or 4 inches shorter than stock.
big c ive noticed the wobbles but its a fun ski, where do you guys ride?
Any recommendations on the next mod i should do? I was thinking a new pipe, possibly a limited factory pipe.

What is the average length of a stock superjet pole? I heard most poles are about 3 or 4 inches shorter than stock.
big c ive noticed the wobbles but its a fun ski, where do you guys ride?
Any recommendations on the next mod i should do? I was thinking a new pipe, possibly a limited factory pipe.

Few of us ride Kent Island and Severn River pretty regularly, feel free to join in the spring.

Burton Im gonna look around for a good deal on a used pipe until summer. i found this thread and its very helpful. http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/34340-complete-list-of-pipes-for-the-superjet
Waveblaster it might have been your group that i first saw ride a standup and ill definitely see you on the water.

I am about to put footholds and am wondering how far from the back i should make the cuts for watercraft factory holds. I know its mainly preference but i want the ski to be ride-able right when get home from school this summer. So where do you all think would be a good spot to put them?
Also i want to make a front foot hold and wanted to see how much you all like them and if it is worth making it.
Thanks for the help

Burton Im gonna look around for a good deal on a used pipe until summer. i found this thread and its very helpful. http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/34340-complete-list-of-pipes-for-the-superjet
Waveblaster it might have been your group that i first saw ride a standup and ill definitely see you on the water.

I am about to put footholds and am wondering how far from the back i should make the cuts for watercraft factory holds. I know its mainly preference but i want the ski to be ride-able right when get home from school this summer. So where do you all think would be a good spot to put them?
Also i want to make a front foot hold and wanted to see how much you all like them and if it is worth making it.
Thanks for the help

You will never get a feel for it until you ride it so just pick a spot. I would suggest keeping them free of the exhaust pipe since it just makes a little more work. I had WDK holds in my RN and the fronts were JUST at the exhaust. As for the front foot hold, just snag the pancake pete hold or something similar, they are pretty cheap, probably cheaper than your time to build one.

I have a 650 B pipe, it's very similar to the 701 but the manifold has a little smaller port but it can be opened and the chamber is a little longer. The manifold is still attached to the engine and it's in storage. I'd be happy to sell it but I just have not had any time to take it apart. PM me if you're interested.

Top Bottom