Custom/Hybrid 2 Stroke EFI

They have replied already:

Yes, we have done that conversion. There are 2 ways: single throttle body plus your own intake manifold.

2 separate TBs, you do the mechanical link.

$799 for the kit.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
They have replied already:

Yes, we have done that conversion. There are 2 ways: single throttle body plus your own intake manifold.

2 separate TBs, you do the mechanical link.

$799 for the kit.

Looks like an interesting setup, you could do a pretty clean install on a ski, the install on that street bike looked hokey.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Will it improve the throttle response, emissions, etc? Do they have throttle bodies large enough for our application? Are they marine grade?

rkm

• Exhaust gas temperature (EGT) based fuel compenstaions (optional)

Thats key! Based on the facts, this could be a good system. Personally I wouldnt build one purely based on the time it takes to build a map on the dyno. Without one, youd be looking at 100+ plus hours writing a map

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Does it use a MAF sensor or is it all TPS dependent?

(in other words, can it sense engine load)

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Looks like they use a MAP sensor to calculate load (speed density), rather then measuring intake volume.

I like the O2 sensor capability for tuning purposes, then removal for open loop operation, plus the EGT feature is nice as well.

I've kicked EFI around for quite a while, this has some potential.

Last edited:
Ive done it it works great for starting a ski but the throttle response is not that great. Plus you need to spend hours and hours and hours on fuel map tables I have the throttle body intake manifold and injectors and al the software if somebody wants to purchase them from me. Then you need to get their ALM to set your fuel to air ratio with an O2 sensor and an EGT sensor taped into the exhaust. I used a stock exhaust. The reason it doesn't work is the system draws too much power for the SXR charging system to keep up. You have about 30 to 45 minutes of ride time before the battery in you ski dies. To fix that I put an 1100 stator in an sxr to get a little more charging power and got about 10 more minutes but it still couldn't keep up. All and all in the end it works but its not as great as you might think. The ECM and EFI module aren't fast enough to compensate for choppy water and the fuel economy isn't any better if not a little worse. I have Pictures if anyone is interested. Ecotrons supplies the EFI controller fuel pump and software then you have to do everything else yourself. By time i was finished i had about 2000 into it and about 4 months of time fixing fuel maps. No offence to the guy but he gets everything from china its not very rugged he is super Indian (Dot not Feather) and impossible to understand. My stock SXR is the ski conversion he was talking about. Frankly Save Your Money for aftermarket carbs. If you want it bad enough buy it from me considering i have already spent the time and have everything already done and sitting in my garage

Last edited:
Looks like they use a MAP sensor to calculate load (speed density), rather then measuring intake volume.

I like the O2 sensor capability for tuning purposes, then removal for open loop operation, plus the EGT feature is nice as well.

Not only that but with a MAP SENSOR You could ride in unfamiliar areas with out the fear of getting lost..... I think that's a cool idea.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
If that MAP sensor ever gets wet, the moisture can affect how the device reports pressure levels by not recognizing the appropriate changes within the intake manifold.

Yeah thats what we need more electronic bullsh#& on something we submerge and subject to the harshest environmental conditions. I was once told something that has always stuck keep it simple stupid if it aint broke dont fix it.

What do we think about adding remote mounted solar panels to help power the new computer. I know some riders dont like safety lanyards but a quick disconnect wire from a helmet mounted solar panel would serve a real purpose. Now you can efi and save the planet at the same time. Who says two stroke riders aren't environmentally concious

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
What do we think about adding remote mounted solar panels to help power the new computer. I know some riders dont like safety lanyards but a quick disconnect wire from a helmet mounted solar panel would serve a real purpose. Now you can efi and save the planet at the same time. Who says two stroke riders aren't environmentally concious

A PV that fits on a helmet will power maybe the control circuitry to run the PV. If that.

Top Bottom