2008 handlepole work on fx-1?

i need the top bracket for my fx-1 handlepole and was wondering if the 2008 will work since it is shorter than the previous year superjets. i wanna make sure the fx-1 steering cable will still work . the cable part numbers are different on the 08sj and fx-1. i wont be using the whole handlepole , just the top bracket that is riveted to it.

Attachments

• 2007_1024statefair20060088.jpg
    2007_1024statefair20060088.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 41
i'd take it, but the fx-1 steering cable wont work on it. i'd have to buy a sj steering cable also and im trying to avoid that. i actualy have another fx-1 handlepole thats already on it, so i dont need it today. but eventually my buddy will want his handlepole back. (i hope he doesnt mind that its 3 inches shorter now)

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I dont think the bracket on the new pole is shorter, I thought it was the glass piece?
The end of the '08 pole looks just like my '06, if that is the case it will not work with your FX1 cable because the cable mounts in a different location on the pole.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
i need the top bracket for my fx-1 handlepole and was wondering if the 2008 will work since it is shorter than the previous year superjets. i wanna make sure the fx-1 steering cable will still work . the cable part numbers are different on the 08sj and fx-1. i wont be using the whole handlepole , just the top bracket that is riveted to it.

Whats wrong with that? It can be fixed....:jester:

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Yeah, a buddy here in town was checking out a 08' pole to buy from Taylor Curtis till he realized it had the FX-1 top bracket and the cables are different(like mentioned above).

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Really? That's terrible.

It means one of two things.....

a) it used the FX1 steering cable
b) it uses a new steering cable.

That sucks.

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
The easiest way for yamaha to make the 08 pole shorter was to use the old fx/1 handlepole top castings. The new steering cable has significantly less throw than the previous one. I think anyone thinking about freestyle/freeride on an 08 should switch over to the older handlepole so they can do all the same old quick steer mods.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The easiest way for yamaha to make the 08 pole shorter was to use the old fx/1 handlepole top castings. The new steering cable has significantly less throw than the previous one. I think anyone thinking about freestyle/freeride on an 08 should switch over to the older handlepole so they can do all the same old quick steer mods.

That will work only if the pump has remained identical both in casting and location in the hull.
I suspect Yamaha may have used a pure FX1 cable, which means shorter throw on top (Pole) and also a shorter piece on the bottom.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
I used an fx1 pole with a squarenose plate on my squarenose and it had plenty of throw. But no where close to getting hull to hull and the cable and nozzle were maxed out. You fx guys are going to have plenty of replacement poles and cables.

tomski

X
The 08 uses a extension on the end of the cable at the pump. A $44 piece. The part numbers on the 08 and fx-1 cables match. Check it out at DGY.COM

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
I looked them up...

08 SJ - F2F-61481-00-00

05 SJ - GM6-61481-00-00

94 FX1 -FX1-61481-00-00

I don't see a similarity here, unless the #'s changed and the actual part is the same.

Top Bottom