Attachments

• !cid__Photo-0105.jpg
    !cid__Photo-0105.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
CO2 is odorless.

Obviously you don't brew beer my clueless brother, thought you were German...lol. The yeast put off co2 as part of the fermentation process and it carries the flavor and smell of that particular yeast culture, in my case im brewing some ESB and using the 1068 strain.

YEAST STRAIN: 1968 | London ESB Ale™

Back to Yeast Strain List
This extremely flocculent yeast produces distinctly malty beers. Attenuation levels are typically less than most other yeast strains making for a slightly sweeter finish. Ales produced with this strain tend to be fairly fruity. Fruitiness will increase with higher fermentation temperatures (70-74F, 21-23C). Diacetyl production is noticeable and a thorough rest is necessary. Yeast traps trub easily and autolysis during storage is accelaerated. A very good cask conditioned ale strain due to rapid and complete flocculation. Brilliantly bright beers are easily achieved without any filtration

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I know that there's a smell. I've brewed beer before.
But CO2 itself is odorless.

:bigok:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
CO2 from brewing bear is odorless, too. But it carries flavor from the brewing beer with it - as you were saying.
So, when is this batch done?
Will there be some at the Open?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
CO2 from brewing bear is odorless, too. But it carries flavor from the brewing beer with it - as you were saying.
So, when is this batch done?
Will there be some at the Open?
Should be done, kegged, carbonated and in a glass by the weekend. I like this particular recipe because you can go start to finish in a week. I might try and make a batch and bring a fiver to the GO if I make it there.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Nice, only one week!

Is the carbonation done in the keg or the bottle?
In the keg, force carbonate. After racking into the keg I hit it with about 20 psi and shake it up, into the fridge overnight an good to go by morning. For typical storage and dispensing I like arould 5 psi so its not too foamy. Right now I have 14 kegs, 12 carboys, 3 c02 tanks and regulators, a bit overkill I admit....lol.

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Cool, I did it for a few years 10 years ago but got sidetracked with our house remodel, all the gear has been here gathering dust and now its time to get cranking again.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
HAHA Ya I saw Dayton's post.. What a tool... hahaha I know you can't drive off, but I thought there was a ferry to Canada, eh? But its a long drive I know..

Exactly and time is money for me this year. I'll be away from home for about a month and a half riding and competing all over the west coast so its not gonna be cheap. I am luck to have Alaska Marine Lines as a sponsor, my truck and skis cost me zilch to get down there. flying and meeting my truck is faster and cheaper. Thats how I do :biggrin: gotta love once dating the branch managers daughter, and he still loves me:Banane09:

Top Bottom