2010 World Finals freestyle thread!

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Disposable motor the crank is machined down to nothing. After a short run Durring pro qualifying eric Malone was telling lee to SHUT IT DOWN! I'm pretty sure that is a 1-2 hour motor then BOOM!

100% INCORRECT.

And if you SAW the motor, you would know otherwise.

Crank is no doubt a 20-30 LB billet unit from CrankWorks, hardly "machined down to nothing."

The pool stunt was no doubt cool, risky AND the day before pro freestyle. One hell of a small working area.

Motor was built to win Pro feestyle....and it did. Congrats to the team.

After WF was over, Lee, and I think Eric, were THROWING IT DOWN out in front of our booth.

Even if he is a competitor, Eric and Lee once ran DASA motors and they are both class acts, no need to start false rumors. Just saying.

Brian

Last edited:
I agree with brian, that motor was put through its paces this weekend and it didn't blow. Only thing i saw was them changing plugs and that was probably from breaking them from super high compression.

malone is always ahead with those polaris motors and the skills to ride them,and now apparently the ability to pick the right rider to sponsor and win.I still think that polaris motor Rok had in the 08 WF was the nastiest power I have ever seen.nothing he did power wise this yr looked even close to that 08 setup he had.where is that motor TODAY?

They always seem to have such :):):):)ty conditions to do freestyle in havasue,shallow and choppy.Surprised they havent come up with something better in all these yrs.would have been better to do the whole thing in the stunt pool,lol

100% INCORRECT.

And if you SAW the motor, you would know otherwise.

Crank is no doubt a 20-30 LB billet unit from CrankWorks, hardly "machined down to nothing."

The pool stunt was no doubt cool, risky AND the day before pro freestyle. One hell of a small working area.

Motor was built to win Pro feestyle....and it did. Congrats to the team.

After WF was over, Lee, and I think Eric, were THROWING IT DOWN out in front of our booth.

Even if he is a competitor, Eric and Lee once ran DASA motors and they are both class acts, no need to start false rumors. Just saying.

Brian

Brian is right. I know who is running Eric's 2006 winning motor. Maintain it the way Eric says to and it's still working.

The new EME 1200 is sweet. Lee Stone told me the 1200 has massive power over even the 1105 he had 2 months ago. Lee said it was like a totally differnet boat. Weston - if you came to Body Beach on Monday you'd agree. Malone and Lee were really putting that ski through it's paces. Malone even let Lenzi ride it. I got a chance to see it with the head off after competition and it still looked new.

On another note, ZERO Power Factor engines in competition? That's a big change from last year. Anyone got the inside scoop on that?

Aaron

Expression session happened and Jeremy Parr announced it with me. we Only had 3 riders Mark Gomez, Eric Malone and Lee Stone. Lee also never kiss the handlepole or at least no marks or nothing. I will tell you one thing about Lee -- This kid is an Athlete and is so easy to work with -- always ready to go....
Any news or videos of the "expression session" they kept talking about?

aron what pipes where most running if not the pfp

The PFP was pretty dominant, especially in Pro Freestyle. I am pretty sure the white Bun ski had the Bun pipe, and I know one of the red Japanese skis had a carbon R&D style pipe. I think all the rest were PFP. I know that Lee Stone had a Power Factor pipe, although I can't be 100% that it was full length, it might have been a slightly shorter version? It was also more sectioned, looked like either the early versions or repaired or modified.

The "?" ski from Belgium had a billet DASA motor and a PFP pipe. He had lots of power, but his pump wasn't setup right. He added the PFP pipe earlier in the week and blew up and I am pretty sure he bought a display motor from DASA that week. Not much time to get it tuned in at all.

The Team Scream powered boats: Stoyer, Ant, Derrick Kemnentz and Rok all looked like off the shelf Power Factor pipes.

Aaron

I was under the impression PowerFactor did the EME motors as well?

Apparently not. I think there is a story there but I don't know it, or at least not enough of it to even tell what I know. The only Power Factor motor I saw all weekend was in Rick Roy's $40,000 Rickter XFS. I thought it was interesting to say the least that they went with the lower powered Team Scream 1000 over the PF 1100.

Aaron

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Apparently not. I think there is a story there but I don't know it, or at least not enough of it to even tell what I know. The only Power Factor motor I saw all weekend was in Rick Roy's $40,000 Rickter XFS. I thought it was interesting to say the least that they went with the lower powered Team Scream 1000 over the PF 1100.

Aaron

Maybe cause they want close to $11k for just the PowerFactor motor... absolutely crazy. Add's up when your sponsoring riders!

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
maybe they change motor because Rok was riding for Xscream

Aaron

Maybe cause they want close to $11k for just the PowerFactor motor... absolutely crazy. Add's up when your sponsoring riders!

That's another good point. Didn't Taylor Curtis sell off all the 2009 WF Rickters without motors? Did Power Factor just loan them out for competition? I wish I was more in the know.

The Power Factor motor was may more $$ than the TS motor, that's for sure. Polaris stuff is rare, I think Baxter was buying the cases new from Polaris, as well as the cranks.

Aaron

Top Bottom