2013 LSFR April 26-28 Port Aransas (not Crystal Beach? No!)

Melmack

(Timothy)
Ill start a tbread when i get to a keyboard. First thing will be desighn. Then ordders as soon as i get a price. Get your desighs up and ready to submit on the new thread. Will link to it.

Just signed up to the website. We plan on being there. If everything works out we should have a blaster, 2 superjets, and an X2 to play with. We rode Port A 4-5 times last year and had a lot of fun.
I read through the Port Aransas FAQ's and thought I would mention a couple of other things.

Gas cans on the ferry: Last October we got hassled on the way home because we had 3- 5 gallon gas cans on the trailer. I read the sign while we were in line. It said 12 gallon limit. Our 3 jugs had about 6 gallons total in them. I politely stated that there was less than 12 gallons total in the jugs. They said that we were still in violation because we "could be carrying 15 gallons". They didn't ticket us, just told us next time to only have 2-5 gallon jugs.Your best bet is to have them completely out of sight if possible. If you have a pick up with a fuel tank in the back, like for fueling equipment, you will more than likely get turned around and have to go through Corpus. This happened to a fishing buddy of ours last year. Didn't make sense to us because they let tractor-trailers on the ferry. Another thing to watch out for is them walking by and looking inside your vehicle. It would be in you best interest to have all firearms, alcohol or anything questionable put away or you will go to jail.

Wind driven tides: This is probably the biggest cause of the beach flooding. The longer and harder the wind blows out of the Southeast the more likely the beach will flood. For some reason it never floods during the day when you are awake. I use surf-forecast.com for very accurate tide, wind and surf information.

Other events that weekend: I think the sand castle competition will be going on. This may affect lodging availability. Better book early.

Looking forward to the event. Hopefully see some old friends and make some new ones.
Mark Vickers

Melmack

(Timothy)
Good info. Best thing to do on gas cans is buy your gas there. Its not that much more expensive. There are plenty of hotels there. Last year there was a major mda marathon and we still found plenty of rooms. Port A is set up to accomidate sppring break so it alwasys has rooms.(Unless its spring break)

Thanks for the input. Hope to see you there!

BTW, No intrest in hoodies? We have ) posts as far as ideas, drawings ect. If I dont get more inpput in a day or two, Im going to dump the shirt hoodie idea. If someone else wants to run with it, go ahead.

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
a few of us okies are going to try and make it for this. I rode at Galveston last year was great.
if you can pm me any needed info.

Top Bottom