Super Jet 2014 Superjet

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Glad they are still making them for sure, but I think it would be fun to to have a "build your own new standup" thread - What could you build for $9600 with brand new aftermarket hull and components?
I think I would go A/M for sure.

X2, no way would I spend 10k on a stock superjet, when you can buy a decent (used) A/M ski for that, or put that money towards a A/M build.

However, I am glad yamaha is still making them, but I wont be buying one. lol

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
$8500? dayum!
bng's are ok but at least yami is still building a standup unlike "cough" kawi.
how do they get around the 2 stroke ban?

I dont know how they did it, but apparently you're ok as long as its 06+

http://www.nps.gov/lame/parkmgmt/upload/PWC-compliance-LAKE-3-8-2013.pdf

YAMAHA
All Yamaha models 2006 and later and the following Yamaha PWCs have an emission level compliant with 2006
EPA standards and are therefore permitted on Lake Mead and Lake Mohave.

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
I dont know how they did it, but apparently you're ok as long as its 06+

http://www.nps.gov/lame/parkmgmt/upload/PWC-compliance-LAKE-3-8-2013.pdf

YAMAHA
All Yamaha models 2006 and later and the following Yamaha PWCs have an emission level compliant with 2006
EPA standards and are therefore permitted on Lake Mead and Lake Mohave.
Actually only the 06-11 superjets are legal. 12+ are "competition use only" and they don't meet the standard which I think is total BS. But the park service hasn't found that loophole and I don't think they will find it for a while.

I dig the new graphic on the 14, it looks good. Hopefully they are still making them in 2016. I'd like to get one after I graduate.

Stoked!!!!!!!!! Ordered mine this am! Sure I could go aftermarket, but I like the idea of a close to stock superjet (prorbably do pipe and a couple of things).

Andy

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I just couldnt justify spending that kind of cash on a stock ski, especially if you are going to mod it anyways, why not find a really clean but lightly used stock ski? If you start out close to 10k and put 2-3k in mods on it, well good luck getting 13k back out of it, if you do it right a 5-6k superjet will almost always be worth 5-6k. Maybe its just me, and maybe its the fact ive never owned any type of vehicle thats new, but I just cant see it.

Last edited:
Actually only the 06-11 superjets are legal. 12+ are "competition use only" and they don't meet the standard which I think is total BS. But the park service hasn't found that loophole and I don't think they will find it for a while.

I dig the new graphic on the 14, it looks good. Hopefully they are still making them in 2016. I'd like to get one after I graduate.

i was thinking the same thing once I graduate college and finish my football career I'd like to get a brand new SJ

Its all about the surf!
That fact that they are still making them is fantastic, because that means that they'll still be making replacemnet parts for at least another 10 yrs and thats whats really important

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
I was told you have to get a racing license to purchase one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4

naticen

Site Supporter
That 2006 and newer compliant stuff is hilarious. Did they even change the graphics, let alone anything else in 2006? I also wonder why Yamaha sticks with it. I imagine Scott Watkins keeping it alive as a personal cause. Whatever the case, I'm happy.

If i had the means I'd buy a 2014 superjet in a heartbeat! Aftermarket stuff is cool, but for me nothing would beat owning a BRAND NEW oem superjet.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Im totaly psyched the SJ is back for another year, but am surprised of no changes.... you should think a lowered hood/noise piece would be standard. Or footholds standard?
No complaints though as long as Yami keeps pushing them out. There is several 12's and 13's around me all had no issues registering

X2, no way would I spend 10k on a stock superjet, when you can buy a decent (used) A/M ski for that, or put that money towards a A/M build.

However, I am glad yamaha is still making them, but I wont be buying one. lol

They aren't selling enough new SJs to justify the change. kawi is already out of the game so Yamaha has the market right now just like they did with Japanese 2 stroke dirt bikes. The lack of sales and people complaining about the price as it is isn't going to justify the R&D for footholds and lowered hood just to raise the price and still not make enough sales. Some people would rather have a Superjet than an aftermarket hull and some people would rather buy a brand new ski rather than taking a risk with used. Anytime anyone mentions buying a brand new SJ on here someone tries to talk them out of it and buy a used ski. We should be encouraging them to buy a new SJ just to keep Yamaha selling them and to keep the constant flow of used SJs in our market. I ride with a guy that bought a new 2013 SJ and he loves it! No problems registering it either

Top Bottom