2015 Spring Carolina Beach Freeride Discussion Thread!

550klunker

kickin it old school
Still planning on coming. Primitive camping out and moving here or there won't keep me away. Just a small extra step, but should still be a good time as long as weather holds up.

Gunner_626

Carolina Beach Freeride
Everything is 100% good to go for camping at Masonboro. Have boats secured for getting yalls gear over there and with the anticipated smaller crowd there should be plenty of parking at the boat ramp for everyone although I'm still going to try to secure extra. When you arrive on Thursday or Friday either myself, Chris Rea, or pontoon taxi driver will be there to pick everyone up just call at least 30-45 minutes in advance! I'm going to try to have every camping amenity possible out there. Camping showers, camping toilets, etc etc.

Gunner_626

Carolina Beach Freeride
Hey everyone I now have specific details on gear transportation to Masonboro for the spring ride! Along with Chris Rea's 28ft pontoon and my 24 foot center console, our dedicated water taxi service for the weekend will be Island Hopper Tours (24ft pontoon) (http://www.islandhoppertours.com/)

I have discussed all details with them and they are fully aware of the major pickup and dropoff times for people showing up during the day Friday and leaving early Sunday.

They will be on standby all day Friday and Sunday to transport any and all gear and people to and from the ramp. I've worked out a pretty sweet deal with these guys for roundtrip transport for each group of people coming in. $40 dollars for each individual group/vehicle for roundtrip transport for all your camping gear Friday and Sunday. Please let him know your arrival time at least an hour in advance and he will be waiting at the Snow's Cut boat ramp to get your gear!

Any other oddball times (super late at night or early) that groups are showing up during myself or other local boats will take care of transport but please try to keep it during normal daytime hours if possible, I understand there will be exceptions and will help to get it all done.

Ducky

Back in the game!
@Gunner_626 , I couldnt get Friday off of work so I will be driving down after work on Friday. I will be driving my car down as the rest of the crew will be hauling my ski in the truck. Where can I park my car for the rest of the weekend?

Gunner_626

Carolina Beach Freeride
There is normal parking for vehicles at the ramp that don't have trailers attached. What time do you think you'll be getting in? Regardless just give me a shout when you get close and myself or someone will shoot over there.

Gunner_626

Carolina Beach Freeride
There is going to be room for all these vehicles at that ramp...?!
Most people should be getting in on Friday when people are at work so the ramp should be fairly empty. There's over 80 parking spots at that ramp not including the normal non trailer spots. I've already secured passes from NC Wildlife for anyone who needs to leave a trailer unattached at the ramp.

Attachments

• Ramp photo.jpg
    Ramp photo.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Top Bottom