Freestyle 2024 WDK Weapon

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Pump in! I think I need an anodized black trim system but I'm about all tapped out on funds

Duplicolor makes an anodized style paint I might do the nozzle with.
0aefe0713858d5e9d83da5b649bcdba9.jpg
a52b0a34135ebe16dde7425c0bf88921.jpg

Sent from my SM-A236U1 using Tapatalk

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
So Jeff runs just one strap on powerfactors, going over the fattest part of the chamber. He said that he takes a yoga block, and creates a bed for the pipe to lay in so it can't move side to side.
Ive asked Jeff enough questions so I'll ask here
Does anyone have suggestions on what tool to use for hollowing out a yoga block? Wire wheel on a drill? I assume whatever people use for shaping underpaid or foothold wedges would work??

That seems like a lot of work and it’s hard enough getting the pipes height and angle right with standard Eva blocks. Let alone hollowing out one and trying to get it right. Might have more Eva to the bottom of it to it if to short.

You could get a couple UFO’s from jetmanic and g-flex on and run 2 straps ?

I shape Eva with a hand held belt sander, you could use a angle die grinder, air operated and sanding disc too for some area’s

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
That seems like a lot of work and it’s hard enough getting the pipes height and angle right with standard Eva blocks. Let alone hollowing out one and trying to get it right. Might have more Eva to the bottom of it to it if to short.

I shape Eva with a hand held belt sander, you could use a angle die grinder, air operated and sanding disc too for some area’s
I agree, it is an absolute pain in the ass. I'm also thinking about getting some industrial strength velcro for the pads. Either that or silicone them down. Contact cement is a little too permanent. Velcro would make them easy to remove, making it easier to remove and install the chamber.

I thought about still using one strap, but adding more blocks without extra strapsto get the height and support just right. If they're just velcroed down, it'd be a solid option IMO
The one strap being in that spot with the block directly underneath should be plenty of support, especially with the help of another block or two to rest on IMO

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter

But yeah, easy enough to add another strap too

I wonder if Eva is moldable with a heat gun???
You could probably get some deformation with heat and pressure.

My RRP pipe’s surface temp is higher than my Pf’ers and over time my front Eva block now has the bottom radius of the pipe formed in it.

I like the industrial Velcro idea, I had used contact cement, which is a bit of work to putty knife the block up with pipe in ski.

Maybe Jeff could shead more light on yoga blocks and how he molds the yoga blocks, ?

Last edited:

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Those heated wire foam block slicers work real good for forming turf and blocks.
For what it’s worth I just used a flat Eva block cut to size underneath my rrp chamber with two straps and it’s solid.
pic for reference.IMG_6224.jpeg

Last edited:

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
If I decide to make a bed out of the yoga block, I think my best bet is to heat it up and push the pipe down on it to make an indentation. Then that pretty makes an outline for what material I have to remove.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I'm still a little leary about one strap but Jeff has built more skis then any of us. He said they've put a gopro underneath the hood to see what moves. Plus I run my pipe wet so idc if it cracks. He has it setup for two straps on the waterbox because apparently that can move around a ton and but stress on the exhaust tubes.
But I'm definitely not taking any short cuts on this build. Doing everything as clean and robust as I can.

I agree, it is an absolute pain in the ass. I'm also thinking about getting some industrial strength velcro for the pads. Either that or silicone them down. Contact cement is a little too permanent. Velcro would make them easy to remove, making it easier to remove and install the chamber.

I thought about still using one strap, but adding more blocks without extra strapsto get the height and support just right. If they're just velcroed down, it'd be a solid option IMO
The one strap being in that spot with the block directly underneath should be plenty of support, especially with the help of another block or two to rest on IMO
I've used this for every PFP block I've installed
download (1).jpg

I use a profile gauge for shaping the bottom of the block to fit the hull
DSC05744.JPGDSC05748.JPG

Top Bottom