Freestyle 2024 WDK Weapon

Holy poop that thing is genius. Where do you get that?!
It's a woodworking tool, I'm pretty sure I got it at Lowes when they carried General Tools. You can different brands that have plastic sliders 12" long. I use the General with the metal pins the most though, most accurate. Great for turfing also, here's the plastic one in action:
DSC05827.JPG

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
It's a woodworking tool, I'm pretty sure I got it at Lowes when they carried General Tools. You can different brands that have plastic sliders 12" long. I use the General with the metal pins the most though, most accurate. Great for turfing also, here's the plastic one in action:
View attachment 448457
That's awesome. I just asked at work and someone has a few they're gonna let me use. I owe you!

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
A Jedi one day you will be young Padawan
That tool takes all the guess work out of it man. I can use it on the bottom of my pipe to get the contour right too. I'm seriously mind blown at how simple that is and how well it will work never have I been so excited for a tool!

What are you using to remove material on the blocks?
Hogging away massive amounts quickly, 4.5 angle grinder with 80 grit flap wheel, hang on and watch your fingers.
Then I switch to the 3x18 belt sander with a 50 grit belt , then a 80 grit belt, finish with a 120 belt.
Also use an air mini (2 inch) DA no name brand off eBay for detail , fine tuning.
I actually spend more time looking at it and analyzing it then I spend on material removal. A lot of strapping it completely down and unstrapping it so it’s settled in where I want it.

What are you using to remove material on the blocks?
Don’t forget to fit it with the Velcro with the plastic still on before sticking it down. Actually good to be a little high to compensate for compression that will happen over time.

Last edited:

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Don’t forget to fit it with the Velcro with the plastic still on before sticking it down. Actually good to be a little high to compensate for compression that will happen over time.
You're not too busy, I can just bring this thing by and you can build it for me right?? Clearly this ain't your first rodeo!!

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I am terrified to drill into this thing! I got the recommended step drill bits Jeff told me to use. For my rip I just used standard drill bits and had decent luck. For gelcoated carbon do you go max speed and just ease into it? My only concern is flaking/chipping the gelcoat. Wish I had a test piece to drill but I really don't.

The miniature hole saw is a Carbide Makita bit, that after I’ve measured twice, pilot holed with that teeny drill bit (3/32), I run the hole saw BACKWARDS BY HAND to score the surface, then move to the OPPOSITE SIDE, where I run it by hand, alternating till completely thru. My hole saw is undersized intentionally, I use the cone grinder bit on both sides , and sand paper on a dowel for final fit.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I'm going at it with step drill bits tomorrow. We'll see how it goes lol.

Ya'll think 1800 lbs tensile strength is enough to pull a ski up from the depths?? Screenshot_20240701_202108_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Knowing the location of the sink ski is key. That would provide that.

But what would be a simple formula to answer your question, would the skis wet weight plus the volume of water the ski can hold X the weight of the water be close ?

I was guessing 40 gallons of water volume ? @ 8.34 pounds a gallon plus 280 pound ski ?

280+333 = 613

Maybe add a factor of 30% so plus 183 = 797

I have no idea what’s the correct calculation, but off the top of my head, seems like it would work ?

Top Bottom