Freestyle 2024 WDK Weapon

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Mixed up a bunch of resin so my dad could glass the chicken while I carboned up the weapon! Filled UFOs with earplugs, gflexed them and created a nice transition for the carbon to lay. The shelf I put the UFOs on is so short that I had to bend the UFO base to lay flat. I do not want to risk these things pulling out so these things aren't going anywhere and the side I roll to gets a little extra reinforcement haha! Once the epoxy cures I'll just zip the top off with a grinder and extract the ear plug and be good to go.
Also repaired the "mint" chinpad I got that had a couple cracks. Yes, I went with xmetal pole! Messenger_creation_002e1ce1-547f-4879-96b0-9fe9cf44b9a7.jpegMessenger_creation_a909a7a3-612f-4acf-8b24-4263a78abb4d.jpegMessenger_creation_c91f213c-a47a-4783-a020-3c3645d27394.jpegMessenger_creation_3f591632-17a4-4c17-86e0-064d2b203d76.jpegMessenger_creation_1b34e385-c2dd-48a4-b0d4-8b01acbc589e.jpegMessenger_creation_dadbd0e6-c6d7-4460-88ab-59044e85d1cb.jpeg

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Amazing how drama free this thread is compared to my RIP build!! So! For my rip we bet on how long it would take me to flip.. I vote we bet on how many combos this thing is capable of.
I was at 3, with an oem 155 only trying a handful of times on my rip. I've since lost 20 lbs, the hull has lost 30 lbs, and I have a mag pump and a hull designed to recover smoother for combos.

So far a weapon with a wdke900 is up to 14.

Last edited:

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Cables routed. Strap hooks installed, Angled and loc tited. Pad installed underneath motor to prevent damage from flat landings.
Motor gets dropped in tomorrow and should be pretty much finished for a water test this week!

Attachments

• 20240720_171148.jpg
    20240720_171148.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 28

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Grandpa fell, broke his hip and was put on hospice so things are a bit delayed.
My motor sits a couple mm too high so I've either gotta switch to SJ mounts which I believe it was set up for or mod my couch mounts. No biggie.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I held his hand till he took his last breath yesterday. Most of my family got to be there which was a blessing.
20240727_214127.jpg

Anyways! Jetmaniac got some oem SJ mounts to me asap and it solved my engine angle and height problem perfectly.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
That was a bitch! Got all connections dialed in. Reaching those back clamps is tough. I double clamped the wb outlet and exhaust tube for extra insurance.FB_IMG_1721503067512.jpg20240730_210901.jpg20240730_210908.jpg

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Side note... Does the PFP box inlet sit above the water line? I'm not with ski right now so not 100% sure. But if needed I think I could raise it up some with some tweaking if needed. I'm running the TCfreeride hump hose too.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Was able to raise my box up another inch. Shouldn't have any issues with water intrusion!

The little things always take a bunch of time. Allen wrench snapped off in the grips trying to get my trim lever off.. Had to cut the clamps.
Pissers, cooling lines etc all cut to length, clamped and installed. Cables run. Need to adjust them. Got my pinch bolts set up. Installed battery.

Next step, adjust cables, install bilge pump connect battery, gas her up!
20240801_215255.jpg20240801_222600.jpg20240801_222915.jpg

Curious what made you go with this wdk vs a revolver or tigercraft or one of the more popular hulls? Not talking poop just genuinely curious

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Curious what made you go with this wdk vs a revolver or tigercraft or one of the more popular hulls? Not talking poop just genuinely curious
The reasons can go on and on! The only thing revolvers and the tigercrafts really do better is flat spin(maybe, the weapon is pretty good) and double backflip. I believe it's a little longer than those skis.
There's a guy with a 900 weapon that 540s, and can do 360s and flip combos until he's dizzy. Meaning the hull is more capable than the rider. With a 900 it can do anything you can dream of.
Also, super light. 50 lbs, and they won't crack when learning tricks like a comp layup tigercraft would. Seen lots of TC standard comp layup crack. Not to mention Tony is a dick. Jeff is extremely hard to get a hold of and always has a reason for the delays but when you get a hold of him he is one of the most helpful, nicest guys I have ever delt with in this industry. Revolver was a bit outta my price range too.

Kavanaugh took 2nd against Lee at WF in a carbon rip, with a WDK built engine. Jeff knows what he's doing. These hulls are extremely capable and the fit and finish is excellent. I personally loved the way my RIP rode, but wanted lighter and a ski that recovered better from combos so this was the right play for me.

Also, there's really not a way for this hull to be popular. Jeff will only make hulls for previous customers and local riders. And he does 1-2 a year.

The reasons can go on and on! The only thing revolvers and the tigercrafts really do better is flat spin(maybe, the weapon is pretty good) and double backflip. I believe it's a little longer than those skis.
There's a guy with a 900 weapon that 540s, and can do 360s and flip combos until he's dizzy. Meaning the hull is more capable than the rider. With a 900 it can do anything you can dream of.
Also, super light. 50 lbs, and they won't crack when learning tricks like a comp layup tigercraft would. Seen lots of TC standard comp layup crack. Not to mention Tony is a dick. Jeff is extremely hard to get a hold of and always has a reason for the delays but when you get a hold of him he is one of the most helpful, nicest guys I have ever delt with in this industry. Revolver was a bit outta my price range too.

Kavanaugh took 2nd against Lee at WF in a carbon rip, with a WDK built engine. Jeff knows what he's doing. These hulls are extremely capable and the fit and finish is excellent. I personally loved the way my RIP rode, but wanted lighter and a ski that recovered better from combos so this was the right play for me.

Also, there's really not a way for this hull to be popular. Jeff will only make hulls for previous customers and local riders. And he does 1-2 a year.
Thanks for the response. Good info. What matters in the end is that you are happy and like the hull. I have and love my dvx. We aren’t very far apart. I’m in northern Illinios. We should meet and ride sometime. Shoot me a message if your interested.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Thanks for the response. Good info. What matters in the end is that you are happy and like the hull. I have and love my dvx. We aren’t very far apart. I’m in northern Illinios. We should meet and ride sometime. Shoot me a message if your interested.
Dvxs are amazing skis dude! I was looking at a dvx at the time of this too. The only thing I didn't like is it was an open bulkhead, which is fine as long as you can have a screen in front of your scuppers but can't do that unless you cut open the tray. My weapon has versiplugs that have debri screens built in so nothing can hold the ball open, and they're removeable to clean. That was a huge factor for me as I'm terrified of sinking with an open bulkhead. I also double clamped the exhaust hoses that could make the ski sink haha.

Dvxs are amazing skis dude! I was looking at a dvx at the time of this too. The only thing I didn't like is it was an open bulkhead, which is fine as long as you can have a screen in front of your scuppers but can't do that unless you cut open the tray. My weapon has versiplugs that have debri screens built in so nothing can hold the ball open, and they're removeable to clean. That was a huge factor for me as I'm terrified of sinking with an open bulkhead. I also double clamped the exhaust hoses that could make the ski sink haha.
Yeah I get what your saying about the screams and such. I just make sure I don’t drop anything in the hull. If I do, I find it lol. Look forward to hearing some feedback once you’ve done some riding.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Yeah I get what your saying about the screams and such. I just make sure I don’t drop anything in the hull. If I do, I find it lol. Look forward to hearing some feedback once you’ve done some riding.
Man if you something gets back behind the bulkhead you gotta get creative to get it
On my rip I had a hose clamp break and stick a versiplug open. Scary how that can happen.

Top Bottom