24-7 backflip 7mm lamey build

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
If you will read past that post, you will see that there are people running some of those parts already that he has made.........

Here is how I look at it. He is building parts for his own ski...... That takes time. It is also something that none of us even want to do. If it takes him to next year, well, that is his choice, it is not like this is something he is building for a customer.

I'm running my ski not with parts that he made but with work that he did, and its holding up just fine, handlepole and hull. I'd love to get my hands on some of his goodies to test. Another member here is running his SXR with bens hull mods and footwells (not his wells but he installed them) and he's not having any issues.

Like Kahuna said, it takes time when you're fabricating your own stuff, to make it fit properly AND lookd good. I saw one example of someones front hull carbon part that fit ok but looked like hell, the weave was all messed up and not straight. If Ben makes something and the weave isnt straight and perfect its no good. It has to work, has to fit, AND has to look good. These things take time. I think what hes done in the time he's spent on it is actually amazing. His ski got put off to do mine, then another SXR, now Arts ski. And in between he has a family and a house and other side jobs and everything else. So it's not 24/7 working on his ski, if it was it'd be done. :chairshot:

Like it was said before, some people want to bolt stuff on and go, which is fine. But dont criticize someone who's making their own parts and taking their time to get poop right. Like Art said, when it is in the water it'll be one of the nicest custom skiis on the east coast, and he can take pride in saying he built most of the parts himself and assembled it. :highhorse:

What about you? you bolt on a pipe and prop and a fancy handlepole and bars, that SOMEONE else made, and call it good? Why not criticize them for taking so long in R&D to make those parts. Do you think FP created their pipes in a day? No, it took probably months of testing, buiding, testing, building, etc to get it right. Same with every other a/m part manufacturer out there. Its not an overnight process. :sad6:

So leave Ben alone, he's doing some amazing work. go ride your ski and STFU :censored: :smashfreakB:

wydopen

onthepipe
I saw one example of someones front hull carbon part that fit ok but looked like hell, the weave was all messed up and not straight. If Ben makes something and the weave isnt straight and perfect its no good.

haha sorry my weave wasnt strait enough for you, im not an expert like you and your buddy :smashfreakB:...looks good in photos though :shrug:

Last edited:

Superjet3

Waterlogged
I really dont care who he used for his motor. I got ******** for asking him legit questions so now I will hang around an comment some more. Look at it as the Massholes vs. the Jersey Theifs.

I would have more respect if he was comming up with his own designs and not splashing parts off other peoples hard work and $$$.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I really dont care who he used for his motor. I got ******** for asking him legit questions so now I will hang around an comment some more. Look at it as the Massholes vs. the Jersey Theifs.

I would have more respect if he was comming up with his own designs and not splashing parts off other peoples hard work and $$$.

Where has he splashed parts???
Exhaust tube?
Handlebars??
Carbon Waterbox ???
Carbon B Pipe ???

Big Kahuna

Administrator

Isnt your new hull a splash of the 08 superjet design???

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Pipe, hood, maybe a rideplate?, hull?

ok.

1. Pipe, Diameter at the coupler has to be the same, diameter at the stinger has to be the same. Other than that, yeah, you could change the shape and length, but then it might not work well...... And to say that it is splashed, well, please start a thread accusing Wamilton, Lenzi and Bun of splashing the B Pipe Chambers, because they all have them listed for sale.

2. Hood, yeah, I think he did, he took a part that he owned, and made another one for his own personal use. Where is there an issue. Do you have the ability to do that? I dont.

3. Ride Plate. Wow, how many ways can you make a ride plate? Do you know the difference from a PJS, Westcoast ride plate for a 550? How about a Wammer, WCF or Blowsion...... Not a whole lot. The only ride plates out there that drastically very from these designs are the Jet Dynamics, TBM, Shredmaster, Watercross of Texas, Lightweight DE (Plate that sickerling uses). The older R&D,UMI, Protec and Riva plates are almost identical.

4. His hull? It is OEM. Top deck has the side are shaved down some.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
ok.

1. Pipe, Diameter at the coupler has to be the same, diameter at the stinger has to be the same. Other than that, yeah, you could change the shape and length, but then it might not work well...... And to say that it is splashed, well, please start a thread accusing Wamilton, Lenzi and Bun of splashing the B Pipe Chambers, because they all have them listed for sale.

2. Hood, yeah, I think he did, he took a part that he owned, and made another one for his own personal use. Where is there an issue. Do you have the ability to do that? I dont.

3. Ride Plate. Wow, how many ways can you make a ride plate? Do you know the difference from a PJS, Westcoast ride plate for a 550? How about a Wammer, WCF or Blowsion...... Not a whole lot. The only ride plates out there that drastically very from these designs are the Jet Dynamics, TBM, Shredmaster, Watercross of Texas, Lightweight DE (Plate that sickerling uses). The older R&D,UMI, Protec and Riva plates are almost identical.

I never said I had a problem with it, merely answering your question. I see now that it was rhetorical just to stir it up. I have a carbon chamber as well. But he did mention splashing a hull.

Last edited:

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
either way, who cares? He's taking his time, energy and cash to do what noone else wants to do. So what if he sawed a perfectly good b-pipe in half for a mold? He's now got a lighter pipe, same with a ride plate, etc., that he did himself

Just got home,Wow alot of posts.All my jobs are done for this weeken so ill have some days to myself to work on my ski.Waiting for my resin order to come in to finish the ski.And yes Tbm does have a billit kawi coupler for the yama,there making them now.I forgot who i talked to but it was 3-4 weeks ago and he said they were almost ready.So the might be.Art ur picks are sent,let me know if u get them.

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
Isnt your new hull a splash of the 08 superjet design???

Also made by a guy that has multiple threads stating how people paid and never received parts :newangel:.Maybe the money from the people he ripped off paid for Ihops new boat .Explain to me how he gets a free pass in those matters while you guys shiat on Ben for splashing his own parts .:ugh2:

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Thanx ben.

Maybe we can hang Friday .I want to help out a bit and if I can't I'll pull my motor and pump and reseal and realign .

X2 UMI steering is on it's way .

Damn, you superjet guys are buying up hard to find X2 parts now!!!! j/k

24/7 760 the Carbon chamber looks really sweet.

Superjet3

Waterlogged
ok.

I was refering to the hood and nose piece. A tube is a tube. And yes I do have the ability to pop a mold off of an existing part and make my own.

He should have talked to his engine builder the carbon pipes make less power on the dyno than the regular b-pipe chamber.

Yes my hull is an 08 copy. I didnt know Yamaha was making light weight hulls. I would have bought one from them.

Superjet3

Waterlogged
Also made by a guy that has multiple threads stating how people paid and never received parts :newangel:.Maybe the money from the people he ripped off paid for Ihops new boat .Explain to me how he gets a free pass in those matters while you guys shiat on Ben for splashing his own parts .:ugh2:

I had no issue with my dealings with Mark, You can dam well bet if I gave him as much money as I did and didn't recieve my hull I would be livin. When have I ever done anything to make you think otherwise? What free pass? What am I missing?

Top Bottom