24-7 backflip 7mm lamey build

Isn't that steering kind of far back?

Nice builds though. Just wondering. It looks like its far back and it would be hard to throw the nose down.

Cant really go by the pics,The bars are located in a comparison of a -6 pole and almost 2 ft high from the hood to the grips.When my feet were in the foot holds i had to lean forward to get to the bars. I mocked it up from were his -6 xmetal pole would be.

It's been awhile due to building cars,side jobs and kids. But iv been working on turning this hull into a mold with some major changes. It will be a -6 slant cut lower deck, chines, strakes more like a sxr, pump area getting worked. The top is getting the pole bracket 2 1/2 forward, 1 1/2 down. The ski got overall 1in wider in the front and 1/2 from middle to rear on the lower deck as well. Pics will be added shortly as progress is made.

I didnt get to ride this ski last season,due to time and spending to much time making parts ect..I learned alot but this isnt going to happen this yr. The mold im making here is isnt going to be a mad rush for the spring. I have been talking to multible builders such as Bobby AKA Trinity, Sergio AKA XFT. Its been hard to deside what to go with for the on season. Bobby was easy to contact and called right back, great guy to talk to very helpful. Sergio was another story, u need to get set up with MSN to talk to him direct as the store sight wasnt getting to him. Sergio was awsome as well, he can put togather any setup u like. I was talking to him about a -6 sxr lower deck chined with a sj top pole bracket 4 in forward. All kevlar/s glass layup, v-baged, epoxy resin. With full carbon x9 hood 78 lbs complete with double foot holds. This was almost a done deal but this is alot of money and want to make sure i chose the right boat. The final person i talked to was Eric malone threw EME about the Q8. I was concerned on the v hull design and how it worked with the basic tricks as well...hood slides ect. He explained to me it does all of that and more to make a long conversation short. He offers a basic layup only gelcoat/fiberglass/carbon in needed areas/wet layup from what i understand. Id also have to switch over to sxr pump config. He said he could help me out with the mag set up. After talking to him and just being able to see it in action by vid sold me. Sergio is cheaper,and was going to offer a better layup...but the q8 isnt factory based and feel it will perform the way id like it to. The hull comes out to 70-75lbs hood 10-12lbs.
I will be placing a order with him at the end of the month and there will be a 1 month turn around. He is alowing me to send him my carbon tubes i make for the exhaust outlet and scupper tube for install. There will be a seprate build soon with pics.

I will be runin my billit pv bigbore lam,billit 8mil stroke,tl set up in this hull with a SXR skat pump. Will be useing the eme drypip set up as well. I wont sell my carbon b-pipe and carbon waterbox i made just yet. Would like to test between the 2 for ha..ha's.

Top Bottom