New 3/5 Gallon Tanks for TNT, RRP, PFP & B-pipe

Ducky

Back in the game!
When I was looking for a smaller tank, I was looking for something a bit skinnier, and wasnt really worried about how tall it was (Thats just for my application, maybe height matters in some other hulls). I wanted something that just lets you have more room to work without fitment being so tight.

Now I am not an engineer by any means...so take this with a grain of salt. What if you pivoted the battery box 90 degrees. You would then have a little more room for the cap, still have room for the fittings, and could possibly get rid of the cut out and just make the left side flat. It would also put the battery in a slightly more OEM location compared to a superjet so maybe better fitment with stock cables? I dont know. Disregard anything I have said if it makes no sense.

This is a picture of the full size tank in my RIP.

Rt0BBDj.png

This is a picture of a Kart tank in my RIP.

3YxYJhF.png

When I was looking for a smaller tank, I was looking for something a bit skinnier, and wasnt really worried about how tall it was (Thats just for my application, maybe height matters in some other hulls). I wanted something that just lets you have more room to work without fitment being so tight.

Now I am not an engineer by any means...so take this with a grain of salt. What if you pivoted the battery box 90 degrees. You would then have a little more room for the cap, still have room for the fittings, and could possibly get rid of the cut out and just make the left side flat. It would also put the battery in a slightly more OEM location compared to a superjet so maybe better fitment with stock cables? I dont know. Disregard anything I have said if it makes no sense.

I've actually already made a concept with the battery turned sideways and the fittings in the middle of the tank. I'll post it up tonight and see if you guys like it better...

just joe

Site Supporter
Agree as well, height less of an issue than girth. I'd love 3.5 gallons.

Battery tray is a bonus, but isn't necessary for me.

Last edited:

Ducky

Back in the game!
Okay here is the other concept. This one should be around 3.25 gallons and has significantly more clearance. Over 1.125" additional space between the pipe, in addition to being 1 inch shorter and 1/2" more clearance on the right side by the exhaust. Not as much room for hooks, but you would be able to use regular gas tank straps for it.

View attachment 286920 View attachment 286921 View attachment 286922

Is the comparison picture of the 5 gallon vs the newest 3.5 gallon tank, or is it the first 3.5 gallon tank design vs the second 3.5 design?

2lick

Brap!!!
If you could find a way to incorporate a place to strap a fire extinguisher into the 3.5 gallon version, I think there would be a lot of happy people out there :)

Possible just cut out a corner say an inch or so deep so the round fire extinguisher rests there and add strap mounts?

Reactions: DAG
If you could find a way to incorporate a place to strap a fire extinguisher into the 3.5 gallon version, I think there would be a lot of happy people out there :)

Possible just cut out a corner say an inch or so deep so the round fire extinguisher rests there and add strap mounts?

Not a bad idea, what is the most common, smallest fire extinguisher being used? I could make a folded weld-on mount for the front of the tank since I'm not sticking the battery out there...

Well I will try to figure out a way to mount a fire extinguisher to the tank. I've got a few ideas that I'll try modeling, need to see if I can find one of these at a local store. If I can make it work, the bracket that I'm thinking about making would probably cost around $5-10 each to have cut/bent.

As the tank sits right now, here are the prices and options. I was able to find a source for anodizing that will charge me $40 per tank in several different colors. They are an hour drive from me, so I would need to weld up most of the anodized tanks before taking them down there. Lead time is 5-7 days after I drop them off. I haven't used these guys before so I can't say for sure how they are going to turn out.

- I will be using the ProWerks C73 anodized billet 6-bolt cap assembly w/ stainless steel fasteners, also replacing the buna-n o-ring with Viton: http://www.pro-werks.com/partlist/18618/
- Cap color options: blue, red, silver, black, and polished
- Bung color options: silver, black
- Powercoating: $20 extra, 30 colors to choose from
- Anodizing: $40 extra, choose from blue, red, gold, black, and clear
- Tank prices: 3 gallon - $365, 5 gallon - $380 (Does not include shipping)

just joe

Site Supporter
The legal kiddie PWC marine (which is actually 2lbs 8 oz) is 12.5" tall from btm of can to top of trigger, and 2.9" in diameter. That's the same as in the link, and the one that fits the SJ holders.

Top Bottom