New 3/5 Gallon Tanks for TNT, RRP, PFP & B-pipe

no i used like water box and battery box straps....
what specific length are you using,jm sells them a little shorter and lil longer than stock? Anyone using one long strap up and over? Id prefer not to have to bust a knuckle getting one down to short or having to tie knots in one too long.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
All my straps were short battery straps.All four had to be knotted.Not particularly excited about that issue.

But like the tank once in and secured.Given the shape and size not much way around it

Last edited:

SpaceCowboy

breaking something
c556c40129a16218f43535951e4ba142.jpg

These things are beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StandupWI

Sinking with the bilge on
Now just tell everyone the lengths!

Ahh yes I could see that being helpful!!

In my Aquabot I ran 13" straps for the back of the tank, an 11" strap for the front left (near the gas cap), and a 7" strap from the battery tray down to the hull. The 7" strap need a slight pinch of the metal hoop to fit the tank slot.

Last edited:

SpaceCowboy

breaking something
Ahh yes I could see that being helpful!!

In my Aquabot I ran 13" straps for the back of the tank, an 11" strap for the front left (near the gas cap), and a 7" strap from the battery tray down to the hull. The 7" strap need a slight pinch of the metal to fit the tank slot.

Very helpful thank you!

I needed a 5 gallon fuel tank to fit the Brawler hull with both Bpipes and PFPs, however it turns out nobody makes a tank that will fit the hull with either pipe. I went ahead and designed one to work with the intentions of just building two of them but it cost nearly the same to have two tanks laser cut and bent than it does for 10-15, so I went ahead and had some extras made.

Tank Details:
- Will fit Yamaha 62t setups with B-pipe, PFP, or RRP pipe
- 5 gallon capacity
- Includes an anodized billet aluminum fill cap with black, blue, red or clear color options.
- Includes two carbon fiber tank stops to keep the tank exactly where you want it.
- The integrated battery tray is 3.25" x 6.25", sized for a Deka etx9 & etx12 with the insides of the tray turfed.
- Tank is constructed from bent/welded 1/8" thick 5052 and will be pressure tested before shipping
- Includes dual pickups with prefilters, one return, and one vent.
- Powder coating is available in about 30 different colors for $20, however there is up to a two week lead time.
Powder Colors Available: http://www.houser-racing.com/resources/services/powdercoat-colors

- Price is $395 + shipping/pp

View attachment 277277 View attachment 277278
Hi do you have any more gas tanks for sale at the moment? Thanks

Hi do you have any more gas tanks for sale at the moment? Thanks

I don't have any for sale right now, although I do plan on making some more in Sept-Oct if there is any demand for them.

I can make custom tanks, although the price would be higher and you would probably have to mock it up with cardboard to make sure it would fit.

Hi thanks for that.

Really interested in a gas tank whenever you decide to make some more. You made a blue tank for a jet ski for a friend of mine by the name of Chriss Hutchinson. Im after the same gas tank as him but in metallic red.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All my straps were short battery straps.All four had to be knotted.Not particularly excited about that issue.

But like the tank once in and secured.Given the shape and size not much way around it

Given the heavy weight of a full tank, and the battery, I ended up with a brap strap set up, which pulls the tank down extremely well onto the rubber padding below it....absolutely no movement at all and best situation for bad flops, bails, etc. The cord I used is dyneema....an extremely durable version of kevlar.

I have since removed the 2 long straps completely and changed to surf 701industries air boxes as we have huge surf conditions year round..

For extra flotation on my SF, I use a stock modified SN polystyrene nose piece, 2 pool noodles and 2 inflatable bladders shoved in open areas around the PFP

and tank1.jpg

I've been told it does I'm looking at doing the same thing

Top Bottom