Custom/Hybrid 300 SX Builds

Melmack

(Timothy)
Nope. Its not Kawasaki pump. I tried a 550 pump. The 300sx shaft and midshaft housing are 300sx specific. Too much machine work involved. This required a little out of the box thinking. Keep in mind, I plan on using the 300 engine. An SJ pump would be to big for this tiny motor. The intake is a r&d intake off a 650sx.

Anyway, sry bout the tiny pic, my phone made it small when it mailed it to me.

Here's my new build thread. I'll download the pics and start explaining my project over the next few days.

Melmack's very nique 300sx build

Last edited:

Melmack

(Timothy)
Update!

I have shortened the pole about 5 inches to help in the surf. I also custom built a +2" ride plate that also tapers down to help keep the nose down in surf. I have adjusted the pop off to about 30 from 45+. Water testing tomorrow. Hopefully I wont need the 3/4 choke any more and I can get some power out of this thing.

Melmack

(Timothy)
WFO: Cool, ill get you some $ for that thing.

Update!

Water tested it today. I'm ready to sell my super jet after riding this thing today. I finally got the pop off close enough to feel what kind of power this thing can produce. Its quite impressive. Its hard to describe but for its weight, its plenty of power for surf riding and enough to pull off rolls on boat wakes. Its equivalent in power top a good running 550 but with a much better hull. I hit some of bbyamaha's jet boat wakes and it was like bouncing off a trampoline. The 5" shorter pole feels comfortable but short, the new ride plate I built puts the nose firmly on in the water. Should be much better in the surf now. We'll see at LSFR next week. Now I just need to finish the chin pad mod and ad a foot strap. I'm strapped for time so pics are gonna have to wait. Sorry.

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
so first off this is what you have been doing instead of riding? lol and second dan won't finish :):):):) lol he will probably end up using that ski as a giant lawn dart when riding oil piers.
I got to ride subnsxr's it's a really fun ski but if you do the side exhaust use a water box he does not have sh** on his and it is way too loud.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Just picked this up for $50 from F'n Hagest! Prolly wont get much done till this fall/winter, but I got a poor mans BOB now..lol

Everything is there except the motor. I plan on giving it the full re model. All Yamaha, SN pump tunnel set all the way back, chopped nose, big bore, trim, RN pole, etc. Gonna try and build a back flipper..

Attachments

• 300sx.jpg
    300sx.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Holdem777

Brownstone777
300 hybrid...

We are in Las Vegas... I just picked up 2 300sx complete, running skis... Im installing SJ drive terrains and motors, RN armpoles and brackets.. now... the question is: Who made it work that way? Im MORE than confident in making it happen, based on all the other skis I built... Who else has done that? Im interested in hearing pros and cons.. I have more time than money, just like everyone else in this situation... The only only thing Im lacking is a DASA. After that, WHATEVER... All confidence in experience in riding and fibermods, just would like to hear about end results.. I love kawasaki, yamakawi is my next retromod... Im more than happy to post the still-frame vidoe of the build.. We are all here for the same thing... LOVE AND BADASS :):):):)! LETITRIDE!!!

I just made some major progress on my 300sx build today. Thinking of gathering all the picks and starting a build thread. This ski is definitely one of a kind.

Here's my ski:

View attachment 145333

Here's what Ive done so far. Look carefully. Can anyone guess what's in place of that ole 440 pump?

View attachment 145332

The beauty of this thing is that it practically bolted right up. Next is the motor hop ups. Gonna see what we can get out of this 300 before we try a bigger motor.

Top Bottom