650sx with reverse

i was riping my 650 yesterday and i stop the ski, started it up agian and it when in revese aka backwards? i took the pump apart check the shaft and prop and all was good. i put it in the water today and the si runs fine but you would think its in neutrel. if i floor it it goes no ware, but the hull will fill with water. whats the deal:deal:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Sounds like your bearing support went out,that would make it cavitate and go nowhere and fill the boat with water.

ski4

gonzo
X2

Had that happen to me before...:rant:

i would have to agree but the problem is it actually is going in reverse.
a bad bearing support wouldn't make it go backwards.
all that could be is the motor running in reverse?
or something deflecting water flow at the pump

engine is running in reverse.known to happen every now and then.check your timing and flywheel,key etc..
water is probably coming through the bearing housing or the back seal on it.
did you check for cooling water flow?
if running in reverse you would not get any cooling water in engine and pipe.
2 stroke doesn't care which way it turns except for the thrust side on the cylinder and piston.cylinder filling is also not as efficient.

Last edited:
engine is running in reverse.known to happen every now and then.check your timing and flywheel,key etc..
water is probably coming through the bearing housing or the back seal on it.
did you check for cooling water flow?
if running in reverse you would not get any cooling water in engine and pipe.
2 stroke doesn't care which way it turns except for the thrust side on the cylinder and piston.cylinder filling is also not as efficient.

Ive NEVER heard of that happening on any 2 stroke ski, dirtbike, goped, etc.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
A two stroke will run either way,especially if the timing is off somehow,the old Harley Davidson golf carts were two strokes when you put it in reverse it cranked and ran the engine backwards.

so with the engine running you're still getting cooling water thru the pisser?
running counterclockwise when looking at it from where?

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I put a new stator in my dirt bike one time and got everything hooked up and runnin good. Fired that baby up and popped the clutch expecting to wheelie off into the sunset. Unfortunately I had hooked the wires up backwards and when I popped the clutch the bike went flyin backwards and sent me over the handlebars.

Top Bottom