701 conversion bed-plates to Kawi.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Just finished the initial prototype bed-plate mock-up, just tacked together but the alignment is spot on. I don't have T cases to check clearance at the intake manifold, and still need to mock-up a Bpipe to make sure the head-pipe and chamber clear as well, but its looking like a winner. Get in line if your interested, X2addict will be doing the testing for me in the weeks ahead since I'm out until March. Should have them installed to show at Daytona, at least thats the plan right now. This is setup with the Tigershark coupler and stock kawi motor mounts, just bolt to the factory bedplate location, align and shim the motor as normal. I'm not taking deposits, they will be built from scratch one at a time. Stainless may be an option down the road, just harder to work with at this time. (critique welcome)

Attachments

• pacific city 008.jpg
    pacific city 008.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 424
  • pacific city 009.jpg
    pacific city 009.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 472
  • pacific city 010.jpg
    pacific city 010.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Sweet. Thats great Jeff! I knew you could get something worked out, just didn't know how fast it would be! Can't wait to test it!:headbang:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
So you eliminating the stock Yami plate altogether? And why the Tigershark coupler?

Oz
The coupler replaces the stock one and fits the stock yami on the motor. Yes, just bolt them on in place of yami bedplates.

so how is this coming along?

did you get the b pipe to fit?

It will fit. His engine is in same place mine is, atleast it should be as we used the same coupler setup. I fit a TNT chamber in my hull, it went in easier than a limited blaster chamber. I may end up back with the SJ chamber as it fits a little better.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Willray (x2addict) will have his 701 powered x2 at Daytona later this week if anyone wants to get a peek at the bedplate and how everything fits. I'm there in spirit, but not in person this year......:smoker:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
so how long till you got some ready for sale crab? I might score another hull this week... any idea on price?
Going to wait and see how things hold up, price will depend on materials used and if they need paint or powder coating. My preference would be stainless, but I need to update my welding gas/wire and get some SS drill bits and cutting tools. Should have an answer sometime after Daytona and I get the prototype back for inspection.

Engine is in. I'll try and post pics today before we had for Daytona, but we may be there before I have the time. Running WAY behind. Bedplates worked out great J. I'll give you a call in a few.

Top Bottom