750 X2 project

Oh yeah, i see how you did yours, I like it. i may do something similar.

First layers of the deck are done, waiting for it to cure and the will add the final layer of carbon fiber and footholds tomorrow. Then get started on the hood. (pic is of the very first stage of laying down the carbon fiber.)

Attachments

• 0508081759a.jpg
    0508081759a.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 246
UPDATE!! FINALLY!!! its almost done. please excuse the 15 minute HORRIFYING paint job. im at the point where i just want to get it on the water before winter. lol. ill sand it down and repaint over the winter. turf is in the mail. hydroturf is running a sale on defective sheets. 30$ a sheet. should be here in a few days. after that its just a matter of bolting on the carb and wiring it to the 650 start stop switch and then i should at least be able to give it a test ride.

Attachments

• downsized_0714081754.jpg
    downsized_0714081754.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 234
unfortunately i did not. however i do know that the hull with only the bars and pump was light enough for me to lift with one arm in order to pull it out of my shed. the motor is in it now and i can tell that it is definately alot lighter than stock. i will get a final dry weight as soon as i can. i will be stripping and repainting it this winter i will get a hull weight then.

i am doing the wiring. and have a quick question. Does the 750 cdi need the inputs from the water and heat sensors? or will it run with them disconnected?

I just snagged the straps from a wakeboard to use as footholds. theyre basically the same as the dakine ones. all i need to do is glass in a couple of nuts in the tray.

i may give it a try. i already started installing them, but ill see what i can come up with at the hardware store in the morning.

hey are those tubbies you got on your ski? how are they in flat water?

cool. i was talking to him about a set, but then i lost my job and can only afford parts i REALLY need... like a set a carbs.. lol. I would love to try them on mine as soon as i can afford them.

X2 skier,

I notice in some of the pics of your ski, you have a trim lever on your bars, How did you make that work? did you use the stock nozzle? stock cables?

X2 skier,

I notice in some of the pics of your ski, you have a trim lever on your bars, How did you make that work? did you use the stock nozzle? stock cables?

I mounted the OEM trim setup "upside down" under the steering deck. I removed a section of stock cable rod and made another smaller piece so it would mate up to the new location.
I'm running an SX electrical box mounted near the battery so I had enough room to do this....would never work with the CDI in its original position.

X2010.jpg

ooh i see. looks like i know what tomorrows project will be. one more question about the trim, how did you connect the cable from the lever to the stock unit? i was thinking i would take one of the wheels from a carb and mount it on there .

Top Bottom