750 X2 project

ooh i see. looks like i know what tomorrows project will be. one more question about the trim, how did you connect the cable from the lever to the stock unit? i was thinking i would take one of the wheels from a carb and mount it on there .

The plate you see in the picture is the cable stop plate. I drilled a hole through the wheel and used a nut and bolt to pinch the cable to the wheel.
I think I ended up using the choke cable from an SX but is a little flimsy. A thicker gauge cable would be better but this one is still holding up for now.

okay. that makes sense. and much easier than what i was thinking. i already have it mounted on the underside and have the cable modified to fit. now all i need is a cable and a lever.

also last night i installed the air intake. pics on the way.

x2skier, i remember that you put a rear facing scoop on you intake, what are the dimensions of it? i made one for mine and now that i look at it, i am not sure if it will allow enough airflow. especially since i am going to be running dual carbs. (hopefully 46mm) my intake tube is about 2" but my scoop is about 2" by 1" , maybe i should add a second intake tube or do you think one will be sufficiant?

installed the trim lever andlinked up the cable. it seems to work smoothly. all i need is to add a return spring. thanks for the idea x2skier! only one issue, it seemed to hit thee steering linkage when in the down position, but i adjusted the steering so its not a problem.

just sent out the payment for my dual 46 mikunis. hopefully i get them before the end of the week. turf is supposed to be in thursday.

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
installed the trim lever andlinked up the cable. it seems to work smoothly. all i need is to add a return spring. thanks for the idea x2skier! only one issue, it seemed to hit thee steering linkage when in the down position, but i adjusted the steering so its not a problem.
don't worry about a return spring it will return by itself when the engine is running

well, i got it ready to go, went to start it up, and the bolt came out of the flywheel, and smashed through my stator cover... new one is on order, hopefully there was no damage to the stator. if all goes well ill be on the water by next weekend.

sorry, i havent updated latey, i got pretty upset with the ski when the startor cover snapped, and then it turned out to be a pain to get the wiring out of the old one, so i put it on hold for a while. i will be starting the project back up within a week or so. starting with the stator cover. then i will be doing a few test runs to see how it handles, then i will be stripping the paint off, repainting, and gelcoating the bottom.

Can't believe I found this thread...I bought this hull a couple years ago...x2freestyle86 can you shoot me an email if you get this?

Top Bottom