Before it was ported
120 low
105 or 100 High (can't recall)
95g, 2.0 N/S for 24psi pop off

Last edited:
Q

QuickMick

What parts do you need I might have them

I orders a bunch of jets to prevent having to gauge drilling them to much.
springs, needle/seats, carb bracket, extra pisser, carb linkage a bunch of stuff.

Quick,

That is a VERY clean engine compartment. A man after my own heart. I have always thought things just run better when they are clean.

Nice build.

Scottie Mac

i taped off all the sealing surfaces, but the paint i used was so thick that it crumbled under the bolt heads and caused the bolts to loosen-- boat started running like ass, i grabbed the cylinder and you could pick it up off the engine and the cases came apart-- didnt hurt anything-- just had to teardown, clean, and reassemble-- in my case i think it was the very heavy metal flake--- thats what i get for trying to be all fancy

Quick,

That is a VERY clean engine compartment. A man after my own heart. I have always thought things just run better when they are clean.

Nice build.

Scottie Mac

yes and yes!

I give my boats the full simple green treatment after every ride..then vacuum the engine bay dry...

im with you!!!

Q

QuickMick

Quick,

Nice build.

Scottie Mac

Thanks I scrubbed that thing when i had the motor out. Super purple then spray with bleach.

yes and yes!

I give my boats the full simple green treatment after every ride..then vacuum the engine bay dry...

im with you!!!

I try and keep my engine bay as clean as I can get/keep it. I agree.

I got a couple questions, it looks like that is an 800 crank or is the flywheel just flipped facing out instead of in..

And what carbs are you using? I am building a Big bore 61x (84.5 start bore up to 86.5 last bore) on a 64y case (similar to the 64x) those look identical to mine that I am rebuilding 44's i assume, but the jets i have are pointing me in a differenct direction, 115 low 135 high with the b pipe, the numbers below seem low... mine were what was run on a stock 760 setup wave raider
hope this helps
My ported 64X
115 low
100 high
15psi pop off

Edit:
Before it was ported
120 low
105 or 100 High (can't recall)
95g, 2.0 N/S for 24psi pop off

did this go in a wave blaster?

Last edited:
I got a couple questions, it looks like that is an 800 crank or is the flywheel just flipped facing out instead of in..

And what carbs are you using? I am building a Big bore 61x (84.5 start bore up to 86.5 last bore) on a 64y case (similar to the 64x) those look identical to mine that I am rebuilding 44's i assume, but the jets i have are pointing me in a differenct direction, 115 low 135 high with the b pipe, the numbers below seem low... mine were what was run on a stock 760 setup wave raider

did this go in a wave blaster?

No those jetting specs are from a 64X in a Superjet with dual 44s

64x 760 motor, are those 44's? Is there a difference in jetting if the only thing thats different is what it goes in? ie wave blaster or superjet (the load the motor has to pull)

Last edited:
Q

QuickMick

did you use yamabond on the crank seal?

nope sure didnt

did a pressure test with 9 psi for over a hour.
Im running 44mm carbs. (stock)
No porting.
Im going to the lake with a set of jets, springs and n/s and my gauge wire drill bits one day. Who knows maybe next year, this hurricane thing sure jacked up my jet ski time.

Last edited by a moderator:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Awesome lookin' build thread. :headbang:

I'm real surprised you didn't do any porting on the cylinder or cases when it was all apart.

Also that FP exhaust manifold looks like the older 42mm size.

Top Bottom