89 650 sx.... at my breaking point with this ski

I have put 2 brand new top ends on this P.O.S. and still cant get any water to come out the pisser. All lines are hooked up correctly. All lines are clear..(been checked and water, plus air run thru every line in this thing) 3 f*T%$% times. Works great when you hook it up to the water hose, but wont draw any water when you actually put it in the water. All gaskets are new. Even put some copper spray over the new head gasket. The head its self milled down to be as perfect level as a glass surface. Everything on this bucket of poop it brand new. At this point I have turned my last wrench on it. DONE.. NO MAS... I looking for someone on the east coast that is either willing to take this thing and look at for some $$ or buy it from me. Everything is new on it. Iam just done with racking my brain trying to figure it out. I a WB1 that runs great and really would rather just ride it anyway.

from what you described there is only one water supply from the pump. Nipple 1 is the slanted pipe from the reduction nozzle. This goes to your stock bilge. Nipple number 2 is the water supply line from the pump. How are the water lines connected in the hull. I only see the one from the head to the headpipe. Is the other one to port 3 and overflow? What is the pisser connected to?

here are videos I made in the past see what you think.

the second video was the first time the head overheated. I know I had it hooked up wrong then

Ducky

Back in the game!
If those diagrams you posted above are right, then you have the bilge hooked up the cooling line. In the diagram, it shows that the bilge is on top. In your video, you have the bilge hooked up to the bottom hose. Switch them.

Nipple from the pump should connect to a pipe that ultimately will connect to the nipple on the exhaust manifold. The water will travel up through the exhaust manifold and then up through the cylinders and head. The water will exit the head from the nipple on top. That line then connects to the exhaust head pipe like you have it. The nipple on the back of the head pipe will then connect to the fitting that has no connection in the pump area. The little nipple below the top head pipe nipple then goes overboard (pisser). The slanted nipple from the pump reduction nozzle should connect to the fitting that then connects to the stock bildge (hose that goes up to the fitting mounted on the firewall then down to the plastic tray). Blow air through the fittings from the pump to see where they end up in the bilge area. Sometimes the lines cross under the tray. I have not worked on a 650 so I do not know.

I dirt bike wrencher, all this line here line there is confusing as hell. I wish I could just see pics of how someone has theirs done. Tired of pulling this engine out, and espically of putting it back in. lol

Unhook engine supply line in engine bay. Pour water through this unhooked line and see if it comes out in your pump or in your reduction nozzle. If it comes out of you reduction nozzle you need to switch your lines until the water comes out of the pump stator. Hook engine supply line back up and enjoy.

sorry guys like I said I'm a dirt biker I got these ski's to ride cause its so hot here in summer. Lumpy, sorry I have no idea what the reduction nozzle is. all I can tell you is when I had the engine out of the ski--I took the hose that connects to the exhaust manifold and hooked a hose up to it. it ran thru the hull thru the hose that goes between the jet pump and the ride plate into part of the pump that has the fixed fan blade looking things, and water came out a little hole in side of the circular part that looks like a wear ring. I even got pissed one day pulled the ride plate off; hooked the water hose up to the hose that goes straight to the exhaust manifold and still didn't get water to the pisser. every part that went back on this thing was cleaned, air hosed water hosed you name it. again I'm sorry and I thank you guys for trying to help, but with no being any more knowledgeable on these skis that what iam. I can read all this, and it might has well be in Russian lol. Iam to the point of picture pages like retard haha. like I said I have done everything I can, lake is 30 mins away and the DNR hangs out at the ramp all the time, and frowns on wrenching on his boat ramp.

that's why im at my breaking point.. Kawai was right "let the good time roll" cause rolling on the trailer is all its doing lol

Good. Water supply is hooked up correctly. Now remove the hose from the stator and connect it up to the garden hose. Install the line back on the exhaust mani and remove the line from the head pipe from the head. See if water is flowing through the exhaust many, up through the cylinders and through the head. If that looks good then the issue is with the headpipe. If no water is present then I would think the blockage is in the fitting exhaust mani. You can also use compressed air to perform checks

ok I did as you said. I pulled the hose off the pump stator, and ran air through it. I unplugged the pisser line from the pipe and air came through it when I performed the test. So if iam getting air through wonder why I cant water through it? iamost wonder if I don't need to weld some sort of ram induction over the little hole in the pump stator to force water through the line?

Top Bottom