SX/SXi/SXi Pro 97superjet's 750R build

Hey guys, I couldnt upload these photos to my original build thread on pwctoday because the file size is too large so I decided to just bring my thread over here. I began this ski just wanting something more powerful than my 650sx but wanted to stay Kawasaki to compete against my SJ in buoys, picked up a few parts packages and the hull for cheap to start off with. One of the packages had alot of aftermarket parts, some I kept, others I sold to buy what I really wanted. I began hoarding parts and mocking up parts in october when I got the hull. Spent many many hours sanding and prepping the hull. Had to fill 1 small bilge hole, and 2 dings the ski had in it, also reinforced around the handlepole where the skis are prone to crack and lastly foamed and glassed over the storage holes on the ski. I bought a big pin engine out of an XI and replaced intake/exhaust/stator gaskets on it. I repainted basically everything on the ski, and also many engine parts. I began wanting this to be a stock 750sx(i) matchup against my superjet but the build got out of control quickly and I wanted as many R&D parts as I could get that would work well with my build. I finished paint in January and brought the ski inside to mockup/fit parts and do all the fuel/cooling lines. Just finally brought the ski out to my garage earlier in the week and started prepping for turf which I finally got done with. I have a few small misc things to do like mount the ebox, but after that the engine is ready to go in and should happen tonight. I will update installed engine pictures after im done. This has been a very fun but at times frustrating build and it isnt perfect but its pretty good for my first build attempt at a full ski from the ground up, also having no idea how to put it together. Big thanks to Minnetonka4me (Nick) on pwctoday for the engine and being right up the road with any random parts I have needed. Tony at T3 performance for the exhaust and jetting/tuning the carbs, also for taking many calls with questions about the ski and what parts would work well together. Almost forgot to add, this ski is a 1995 750sx but I thought with all the R&D parts on it and not wanting to rip off the sxr name I would rename it the 750R. Enjoy!

Here is my list of aftermarket parts-
Hull-
AC -2 aluminum handlepole
Strait bars flat blacked
ODI lock on grips
Aluminum throttle
Blue camo Hydorturf
Blowsion bilge/pisser exits
Blowsion primer kit
R&D slasher ride plate
R&D intake
Skat Trak impeller
Dual cooling pump
500 gph bilge
OCD solutions surf armor switch
SXR gascap

Engine-
Blowsion blue cooling/fuel line
Sudco dual 42 carbs jetted/tuned by T3
R&D intake manifold
R&D reed stuffers
Oceanpro flame arrestors- redone in gloss black
R&D pro full exhaust system- water routing by T3
TDR waterbox
SXI ebox
R&D timing advance (not installed)
Oil pump/crankcase blockoffs

Trip back (2).jpgfinally home.jpgalmost ready for paint.jpgFlat black.jpg750R inside1.jpgEngine mock up.jpgMockup.jpg

^Thanks I like your graphic style and they have some very sick graphics at that website but like you said its almost the cost of a wrap once you start adding all the goodies like race numbers and such...check out pwcgraphics.com they have a nice stock looking one for an sxi i have been lookin at, not that expensive but definatly not as cool as those graphics you found!

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
Yeah I saw the ones on pwcgraphics.com too. I like the swoop and the surge kits, I think they have a pretty stock look to them and yet you can get them in any color so it's a nice change. I'm sure you'll be getting ALOT of pm's from me when I start my turfing...lmao

You have a Blowsion pole spring on there btw?

Last edited:
I think the spring is a stock sxi? The pole is a aluminum -2 so its lighter than stock which is why it sits up a little higher, and yeah let me know if you need help turfing, watch the wamiltons videos on youtube...I went off those for most of this plus some experience from turfing my 650sx

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
I've watched those like 5o times now, makes me feel like I could do it in my sleep. Until turf is actually in my hands that is...haha I just picked up a black fuel door on ebay too so no more pink or purple...lol

Nice, well you should be fine then...its one of those things you just have to do and learn as you go but let me know if you have any questions I can try to help...btw make sure when you get the kit to test fit everything to see how its going to fit together because my HT kit was uneven from side to side pretty bad..just had to work with it.

Did you turf over the rails, or remove the rails then turf? Going to have to decide on that when I get my turf kit in.

Also, looksl ike you turf'd over storage holes. Did you fill them in and glass over prior to that?

I removed the rails, sanded the hull and turfed right to the hull...I wouldnt turf over the rails... on the storage holes, I filled them with 4lb 2 part expanding foam from www.uscomposites.com then glassed over them with 4 layers of 6oz S glass, then sanded them and turfed over them too..

Whitelightnin01- Depends on the holds you want to do, Hydroturf has a kit for blowsion footholds....I almost went with 2 sheets of turf but glad I got the kit even though people said there would be seams you can see...it isnt cut perfectly even on both sides of the tray but turf can stretch and for the most part it met up with some work..

Last edited:

whitelightnin01

95 750SXi
I went with Toby's footholds, so I'm not sure if the Blowsion kit's will work. That's why I just figured on getting 2 sheets of the turf.

Sorry to muck up your thread with my questions/comments though...lol I'll PM ya from now on with random stuff instead of posting it in here.

Last edited:
Thanks Ice! Well guys thought I could put the engine in quick last night but I still had to tweak the fuel system/electrics a bit so everything is done right...the engine should be done this week sometime...Ill update when that happens!

Alright guys, finally have everything done...except the bilge lol...the ski is ready for a dry start!! Few notes- I put actual clamps on the cooling lines that I wouldnt be able to get to readily, I think ill be replacing the zip ties on the top cooling lines after a test run but we will see...Also I know the fuel lines look horrible but its my first time and it works lol lastly I have an throttle mount for the engine since the carbs are an up pull but the throttle line is about 1/2 inch shy so I took it to ace to have the mounts moved over but they kinda F'd it...so I think its unsafe to ride with only 1 mount on the throttle but we will see what I can whip up...might have something made still...probably the easiest/safest and look the best...anyhow engine pics!!DSCF3136.jpgDSCF3138.jpgDSCF3137.jpgDSCF3140.jpgDSCF3139.jpgDSCF3141.jpg

Top Bottom