300/440/550 A little advise for my sons X2....

Legdragger

Bringing it back
All 3 of my X2's hook up better to the right than they do to the left. I think (don't know for sure) it has something to do with the thrust or rotation of the thrust from the pump. Either way it definetly slides more in left turns. I get mine to hook up a lot better in left turns by shifting my left foot back further in the tray and shifting my weight back more to the back of the ski. My right turns I'm throwing my weight more into the handlebars

I would bet money it is the exhaust outlet on the left side upsetting the hull with all the air getting pumped under the carving edge of the hull. I send my exhaust out way up front so it is never underwater enough to foam the water under the hull. I also did it because I didn't want to saw a hole in my tubbie. You can send it straight out the waterbox up front to a relocated outlet. I removed a little of the foam my waterbox sits in to get it away from the bond line.

X2stuff008.jpg

I made my own outlet out of some scraps and clear coated it with high heat clear. It works pretty good for free.

Here is a video of how an X2 should handle.

YouTube - X2 Carve

One other thing is make sure you are getting equal amounts of nozzle throw both ways. Idealy you want it to swing all the way until the thrust just misses the hull. But that takes a little linkage modification.

Legdragger

Bringing it back
Would tubbies help that out?

In my opinion an X2 gets more benefit from tubbies than anything does. You never "just fall off" anymore. Anytime I ride someone else's X2 I get tossed off for no apparent reason. The sponsons pull the front of the hull through the turn like the sidecut of a snowboard. The way I have my hull cut down with the D cut rideplate it is made for short radius turns. I think if I put a standard legnth rideplate on it would be pretty good a larger radius higher speed turns. But I want short radius for quick direction changes in front of the wave. Like this. YouTube - Surf ride

Water Worx

Sport Racer
Pretty much the only time I get to "ride" is practicing on a bouy course,right handers are full throttle turns like crazy,left handers the backend is breaking loose & trying to slide out.:frown:

I started setting up different for left handers & let the front end dig in a force it to turn but it usually subs,its a fine line.

Water Worx

Sport Racer
Heres a couple of pics from when we got the ski....

Got some new things for it...billet finger throttle,44 mikuni & manifold,boyseen reeds,any ideals on jetting for the 44 ??

Attachments

• joey 003.jpg
    joey 003.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 36
  • joey 004.jpg
    joey 004.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 46
  • joey 005.jpg
    joey 005.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Legdragger

Bringing it back
I think it use to be 100 low and 125 high or a 125 low and a 145 high. My 650 Kawi memory is a little fuzzy.....

My 840 is 100 low and 152.5 high with the 46 mikuni but that prob isn't much help.

hay pete do you think there will much off a diffrence between tubbie 1 and tubbie 2 on the x2 . i just managed to pick up a set off t 2 at a good price new and am ging to put them on my x2 and try them :fingersx:

john zigler

Vendor Account
here you go dan. this is from my old notes.

low jet = 125
main jet = 140
n/s = 2.3
spring = 95 gr

1 1/4 turn on low screw
1 1/2 on high screw

this was a 650SX with a head, 180 psi., pipe, and 44SBN.

zig

Hey I have a 97 big pin 750 in my x2. I am going to put a lightened flywheel, ignition enhancer, v force reeds, an impeller and a different pipe instead of the westcost one I have. A couple of questions I have. One is there anything else I should ad to my list and two and brands that I should go with. I know some brands work better with yamaha and some better with kawasaki.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I checked with factory pipe, and they will have some more of the 650 style headpipes around the end of the month. They are currently out of the superjet limited chambers however, and didn't understand why you would want to mate the two.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
She did say the 650sx headpipe was designed to bolt on a stock manifold, they never made their own.

I have both a factory pipe for a 650 and I have a super jet pipe. Which one would gie me more bottom end braaap? And is there a certain ignition enhancer that anybody would suggest?

Top Bottom