Other A lot of new companies, what's up with the undercutting?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Haha, the higher prices sure do keep the assholes away, don't they :lmao:

I got people calling me wanting diagnosis and HOW TO FIX it over the phone. WTF man?

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
My favorites are the ones who limp in with smoke pouring out of the hood at 5 pm on a Friday, we are closed weekends, I have never seen them before and want me to come out and diagnose their issue, get their car back to them next day because they don't have another car. Me being in customer service has to go out, look at a 88 cadillac with ghetto advance auto hubcaps, missing a fender, leaking oil everywhere. You can tell they have never exercised an ounce of preventative maintenance ever. And on top of it want to buy their own parts and cut all of the fat out of the job. I live in a pretty diverse area if you can't tell.

This has been a entertaining thread guys. I really don't even care anymore, I will say I have received emails from highly respected companies that I don't even ride for thanking me for posting this. No ones else had the nuts to say it first, I'm glad I got to pop the cherry. Im not mad at all, where you buy your part does not affect me. I don't make my living in this industry.

You guys see the vids I post. Im about riding and progression. I have received SO many emails from people "tell me your set up" honestly it's all riding baby. Go out ride and practice because that's what it takes. Riders like Lucas, Eric Malone, and Lee Stone did not jump on 1000s and start flipping and getting gnarly there first day at the water park. They started just like you on your poopy set up. Ride it, break it, make it better.

What I will say is I'm riding all weekend with out a wet suite in sunny south Fl. I can't wait, super pumped. I will never open this thread again.

peace

ive had issues with only the big companys! great luck with non dealers.

best luck for me is jetmanic!

ive had the owner of a huge pwc company try and rip my a$$ over the phone! so now i go with the best service! than best price!

some companys BLOW! U an Me and I too! pun intended
this is why jetmanic is number one!

KR

www.krlines.com
you're just mad you couldn't flip a 900cc full carbon boat, sorry bro but if you're hitting me below the belt I'm hitting you back.

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/25874-Flatwater-Backflip-attempts-24-7-Carbon-hull-VIDEO&highlight=

Why don't you properly represent the several partnerships you have made with the companies in our community and set an example. Think you have balls by telling everyone what you think? Getting hopped up by a silly comment? Everyone I know holds back behind the keyboard because they are respectful. This is a forum. We make up maybe 10% of the jet ski community in the US. The other 90% have no idea who Dirkdiggler, Jetmaniac, DK1designs, XR-Tech or who KR Lines is. No, the other 90% go to Blowsion, Wamiltons, and Thrust. By the way Zeski, if you are not in the industry, why start the thread?

Last edited:

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
This guys just mad that he can't get as much as he wants for his used motor, cuz u can get a newer One for less....

Im with you on that and im pretty sure he represent his sponsor on that thread too.

Who was undercutting the price 10 month ago...... THRUST : http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/91980-dasa-850cc-engine&highlight=dasa

Who was undercutting the price 10 months ago on the thread of someone else on new products release section....Thrust : http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/80517-...S-shortblock&p=1099141&viewfull=1#post1099141

Chris your are representing Thrust in your signature.

Is that mean that we have to follow what they tell and not what they do ??? I hope for Thrust im wrong.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Haha, the higher prices sure do keep the assholes away, don't they :lmao:

I got people calling me wanting diagnosis and HOW TO FIX it over the phone. WTF man?
Welcome to the fabulous world of jet ski repair, I actually had one asshole rev his ski up over the phone, like I could diagnoise something that way.

You hear that, yeah sounds like a bunch of noise to me, what you think it is, I don't know man but hit that red button , that should fix it, have a nice day now !

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Matt I hear you, customer service sucks, it what I do for my real job at the moment. I service write for my friend's dads auto repair shop and dealing with people's problems suck, they expect the world and rarely want to pay. Chasing down deadbeats is the worst part of it. But we do have generally higher rates than others in our area, but provide higher quality parts than those cheapo garages do and we normally don't have the real riff raff due to our rates, but I sure have to field a ton of calls from them price shopping. if I had a dollar for every time I hear " how much you charge me for'" I could retire. Those experiences do give me the utmost respect for those in the business who do it right, answerctheir phone even on weekends, offer you advice, etc.. This whole thread has gotten me thinking about who I buy from, I am going to make some purchases from some companies that have made me realize by their posts on here that they deserve to be given the opportunity to help me, instead of me going to my usual fall back, the faceless eBay where price is all that matters. I hope it does the same to others as well.

Being self employed give you a whole new perspective, my place may look like Sanford and son, but I give excellent customer service, if you have a problem I will show up at your lake place and fix it, if I can't fix it on site I will tow it out , take it to the shop and fix it.

When I am done with your ski, it is repaired properly and it will not come back till you break something else. This kind of service is what keeps a business alive in hard times like these and one thing I never forget is that every single customer signs my paycheck, treat that customer like he is your only customer and you will never have a problem staying in business.

I started this business in August of 1999, its still kicking, there is a reason for that, ITS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE !

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
you're just mad you couldn't flip a 900cc full carbon boat, sorry bro but if you're hitting me below the belt I'm hitting you back.

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/25874-Flatwater-Backflip-attempts-24-7-Carbon-hull-VIDEO&highlight=

what is the link between the fact there is competition in every market and the fact that Superjet0587 dont have the skill that you have now ??

By the way Zeski, if you are not in the industry, why start the thread?

sound to me a good question. If you are not making money with Jet ski industry why you care about that subject ??

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
This guys just mad that he can't get as much as he wants for his used motor, cuz u can get a newer One for less....
thatnks for this comment, this whole thread makes sense now.

To the OP, no one cares if you started with all new parts with nothing refurbished. It's all used parts now, better sell it for less than cheap new if you want it to sell.

Welcome to the fabulous world of jet ski repair, I actually had one asshole rev his ski up over the phone, like I could diagnoise something that way.

You hear that, yeah sounds like a bunch of noise to me, what you think it is, I don't know man but hit that red button , that should fix it, have a nice day now !

thats actually pretty awesome...this weekend im going to search out a craigslist jetski repair ad and do just that

Scorn800

Ride for life
As a Business owner I'll say this
A: There's a whore in every market
2) The customer is not always right, the business owner is
III Happiness is postive cash flow

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Hmm, this thread went downhill fast. :moon: Here I thought Zeski25 worked for Wamilton's?? (or used to?) I wonder how Wammer got started? I'm sure he didn't start in a big shop with lots of customers and $$. Everyone starts small, and builds if the market will support them. Jetmaniac is a good example. He started parting out skis, and moved up to selling new parts without needing a brick and mortar business with huge overhead. Maybe he'll move in that direction if the market will support more growth. If not, he's able to stay at his current level and run a legal business. No harm done.

As for Superjet0587's riding skills.... That was a number of years ago, and he later became a NATIONAL FREESTYLE CHAMPION. Zeski25: owned

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
There has been alot of bickering, sometimes low blows, and a whole lot of venting of frustrations etc.. going on in this thread. The good news is: things are out in the open. We are airing our grievances and expressing our concerns. I am in no way shape or form a distributor of parts, I am a consumer like 90+ percent of us on this forum. I may not know exactly how much $ the larger companies like DASA, X-Scream, Blowsion, Thrust, Superfreak, Atp, etc... spend on R+D on new products but I am willing to bet its substantial. Those companies and their efforts are furthering our abilities by improving Technologies and design. most of their efforts will gain them a temporary monopoly on their trademark products in which time I would hope that they both recoup those R+D costs and profit for their labors. No one works for free.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
This thread has a ton of fail and a ton of win at the same time.

Winter is almost over BTW.

Top Bottom