Freestyle ADA Big Bore

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Has anyone attempted to use the current ADA cylinders that come at 89mm bore with a stock stroke crank. I know everybody is going to say ohh that would be soooooo much work and this and that but it is something I would like to do. The fact that the kit uses seapoo pistons appeals to me since you can get those everywhere. And the cylinder kit only costs $1600 vs $2800 for the 89mm lamey kit. Art will definately be getting a phone call to see if he is up to it. If not is there anybody else that would be up for it?

DirtyJ

Freedom aint free no more
This is just my .02 cents.
You could always go with the 5mm setup, maxbore, and stroke a stock crank? Would be a killer setup without breaking the bank.

If your dealing with Art you cant go wrong.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Just curious as to the point? The ADA cylinder kit is $1500 plus seadoo pistons which will run probably $400 from Wiseco. Then you'll have to port match and port the cases and cylinder which will probably run close to another $1000 plus you'll need to deck the cylinder and adjust the ports accordingly which will be a nightmare. At about $4000+, you might as well get the 865 standard stroke from DASA or X-Metal. Why reinvent the wheel on a basic cylinder when there are PV motors that are already proven for the same or less money?

Last edited:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
X3

You can't beat a PV motor... I owned a 6 mil XS /Ada motor... Good motor, but not even Close to a pv motor same cc. If you are thinking about competing, put some stroke in there... It's night and day, I owned XS 865 ss... I rode a Dasa with stroker under 900 cc was blown away

Call Thrust for details

Power is unreal from this Dasa / stroker under 900cc... Hitting as hard as the xs1000 that was removed from this ski

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
U can say what u want about PV engines vs non PV engines. Id put mcdog's ADA motor up against any PV motor with the same specs. Art got his engine hitting like a hammer!...and it's not the newest generation. That engine is just angry.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
U can say what u want about PV engines vs non PV engines. Id put mcdog's ADA motor up against any PV motor with the same specs. Art got his engine hitting like a hammer!...and it's not the newest generation. That engine is just angry.

I'll put it up to Lucas's new Thrust built Dasa with $$$ on it! You ready to back to back them?

Once you start riding FW on a power factor it's made for PV based motors... pV's give you that great bottom hit and once there in the mid hang on...

But you gotta remember I would say 1-4 ski's with a/m motors are actually tuned correctly

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Who builds/ports the best Dasa stock stroke? I have heard that watercraft factory has there setup tuned in good. And I would definately like to see McDogs motor in a new superfreak vs Lucas's. Better yet I would like to see a video on it with reviews.

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
I will take you up on that. You were right Mcdog ADA was really strong when we rode, I'm running a under 900cc Dasa/ Thrust motor and I don't miss my XS 1000 a bit

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
You guys live the life I just bought my first house so I have to take a year break. Then I am definitely going to build a freak. I am just trying to determine what motor to put in it.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
I'll put it up to Lucas's new Thrust built Dasa with $$$ on it! You ready to back to back them?

Once you start riding FW on a power factor it's made for PV based motors... pV's give you that great bottom hit and once there in the mid hang on...

But you gotta remember I would say 1-4 ski's with a/m motors are actually tuned correctly
Here we go...pissing contest 101.
I was commenting on the op, not that PV motors don't hit and can't be make unreal power.

I would say the fact that the Dasa motor makes u not miss ur XS 1000 says more about those two motors than it does about a non PV ADA built by art. I'd like to see mcdoggers engine with a PF pipe though ;)

Last edited:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I asked Chucky about running a power factor on my Ada motor when I ran mine in the same hull Mcdog is riding...

He said no

He explained a lot about what PV's do and how the PFP works etc... I would still like to see first hand, because once you get use to riding a PFP there's nothing better....

The XS1000 is like a Dodge 1500 and the Dasa is like a Dodge cummins it never stops pullin.. ( my dodge cummins makes 703 RWHP)

As for porting I gotta say until I rode a Dasa built by Brian at Thrust I wouldn't give Dasa the time of day.. I rode one before that had 70 cc more than my Ada motor at the time, it felt like it was missing a carb...

Now Dasa power for me

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Now I know why my ears were burning last night.

Art strongly believes power valves are over rated and my motor seems to back that up.

Motor strength is hard to truly measure. It would take putting them in same setup hulls with the same pumps and props and bolt ons with multiple people riding each one without knowing which hull had which motor. It would be fun to do.

My motor hits surprisingly hard but I have not tried Lucas's new setup so I can't really say.

I agree with Josh that tuning makes all the difference in the world.

What is up with the north Georgia ride?

Waternut

Customizing addict
There are exceptions to every rule and we all know some engine builders can really make some magic happen. However, let's play a quick game. I'm sure some of you guys talking in this thread have disabled your PV's and run the motor with them fully open temporarily. When you enabled the PV's again, did you notice a difference? If so, that kinda proves that the same motor with and without PV's makes a difference. Can an engine be awesome without PV's...yes. Could the engine be even better with PV's...I bet it could.

The ADA cylinder when purchased without serious modification has no PV's and no porting but requires serious modification just to get it to work with a standard stroke crank. The point quite a few posts ago was.... In order for the ADA cylinder to work with a standard stroke crank would cost more than buying a PV motor from xmetal or DASA and you'd be rolling the dice hoping it will work. Meanwhile, for less money and less work, you could have the DASA or xmetal motor with PV's with porting that is specific to your wants and needs. I know we all want to be different but that just seems stupid IMO.

Top Bottom