Freestyle ADA Big Bore

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I agree no point in making a ADA stock stroke, way to much time and money for hopes it will work.... Like stated above why reinvent the wheel...

Yes I have rode my xs1000 with PV's stuck closed and open... Closed made bottom and Flat mid to top, open had less bottom, great mid to top... So after first hand you can really feel why PV motors rip!

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Well is Brian at Thrust the man to talk to about dasa stock stroke power. Cause Art told me he would rather build me a 61x big bore 5 mil stroker.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Give Brian a call at Thrust... He builds a great motor, knows how to set them up to make them rip, most honest guy i have ever met in the jet ski industry....

I'm not just saying go thrust because I have one of his motors... To date I have had the following,

701 based motor built by local race shop
LPW 5 mil stroker 828
6 mil XS Ada 860
xS stock stroke at 846cc
10 mil XS 1000
Jetmaniac/Blue 771
16 mil Dasa/Thrust 1100
And currently building another Jetmaniac / Blue 771

So I have tried / owned a few motors...

Last edited:

QJS

X-
Disabling the power valves on an engine built to run them proves nothing, disabled power valves on an engine built to run them has no bearing on how an engine performs that has been built to run without them.
Chris.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
The ADA motor made good power, smooth like a sewing machine.. The XS 865 SS (846cc) hit harder in the mid to top

That's saying a lot as the Ada was on msd TL and the XS was oem ebox on msd enhancer

The LPW 5 mil was nothing to write home about, it came in a RN LPW flag ship ski when I bought it.. Msd TL and everything , motor sucked IMO ... My 701 motor hit harder in my other RN.

Disabling the power valves on an engine built to run them proves nothing, disabled power valves on an engine built to run them has no bearing on how an engine performs that has been built to run without them.
Chris.

Thank you for pointing this out, saved me a small amount of typing

Trying to determine if power valves work or not by keeping them locked in the up or down position and arriving to a conclusion that it does work says not much. If the porting is on the high side the valves will help it on the bottom and keeping them locked closed like on the dasas that really come down would kill the flow through the port. The power valve does the improvement by altering the pipes reflected timing and not just by lowering the port timing. The power valve is inside THE exhaust port. The point of building compression and trapping the reflected signal takes place as the rings closes the exhaust port.

I'll put it up to Lucas's new Thrust .....

But you gotta remember I would say 1-4 ski's with a/m motors are actually tuned correctly

thats right, year ago i bought lucas fresh rebuild +6mm 90mm bore pv dasa. Im not a good cabtuner so i build 38s on it for first try. Engine runs good. Changed to dual am 44s and tryed many different jettings to come over the power of 38's......sold the engine to a friend, for he is it power enougth in compare to his old engine but there is potential in engine with rigth tuning.

At moment i have the same problem with my ss845 scream. Bougth use from xmember and no support from scream. Mailed chuck from scream for jetting my 48'novis but no answer because i dont bougth it from scream i think.

You know brian from thrust give me the full support if i buy an topend and strockercrank without building the complette engine???

You think the portingwork on topend is the same if i buy complette engine with carbs and pipe in compare i buy topend only ????

Thanks for you answer, Andy

ps: looking for powerfactorpipe manifold, who sell it alone without pipe???

At moment

Last edited:
brian from thrust will help you with the jetting. great guy my xs 865 was built by brian and it rips

He help me if i buy a topend or on my currend engine???
I mailed to him for powerfactor manifold but no answer. I will Pay for infos about jetting and timing ignition but i dont can give the engine to brain for tuning because m from germany....... Or is this the problem????

Im running a thrust 10mm pv with a powerfactor pipe, and charging ignition, with Msd enchancer. and the thing rips. Other people that have ridden it, say they are scared of the power. I love the package and wouldn't go any other way, I have ridden others non power valve strokers and they don't compare at all.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I just gotta say t hat Dasa has improved their big bore billet PV cylinders in the last couple years. The power valves and cooling jacket were both redesigned as well as new porting specs. The Dasa billet engine package is as easy to assemble as a stock 701. The rest is just set it up the right carburation+timing and pump.

One thing I learned about the Novi carbs is that once you figure them out to a specific engine package, you can reproduce the same consistency over and over.
full specs, on the other hand, are more tempermental and may require more fine tuning to get them spot on.

I'm pretty sure brian at Thrust can give that tuning info out to you, but it may be somewhat valuable to him!!

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Sounds like XS customer support is whack. I'd think they'd be willing to provide at least some jetting specs. That takes about 30 secs to give and u might help generate a future customer or customers with friendly support. From Josh, lucas and the others that have dealt with Brian/thrust he seems like a great option. I've dealt with Dasa directly and they've given me great customer support and I didn't buy my SS 850 from them. I bought it used.

What I find the best about these large cc pv motors are, that 1/4 throttle is still controllable , so your able to set up your wake but when you pull the trigger, hold on for your dear life!

I agree with you........ This the importend point of engine.
Your old/ my new ss845 scream do this good??? How is this engine in compare with your +10mm dasa with same setup???

Thanks,Andy

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
You can't compare Stock stroke to a + 10 mil stroker... The strokers just make so much power

You wouldn't believe the power from 10 mil to 16 mil.... It's unreal

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Round one this weekend goes to the non-powervalve ADA motor hands down.

DASA ported DASA ss850 vs FullThrottle ported/Jetworks fixed ADA 5mil 850

Same bolt ons except for a mod chamber and Blackjacks on the ADA motor and aftermarket SBN's (I think?) and a limited chamber on the DASA.

The DASA motor is way quieter than the previous motor with the TDR waterbox so we are going to switch that out in case something is wrong with it and see if it makes a difference.

Round two will be later this week. If the ADA wins again the DASA may need to go to Thrust for some magic porting.

Top Bottom