I have dual 38's w
115 G springs
75 LS
135 Front HS
140 Rear HS
1.5 NS

All new yamaha parts for carb Rebuild
Poppoff is at 55 For one and 45 for the other
also it doesnt really pop, squeks out more like a fart you are trying to hold in
Any Ideas

why do you have 135 in the front and 140 on the rear? what bore you running? if its a 701 thow a set of 95g springs in there and both hs the same at 135, if your needle and seat is weaping they may need to be changed

The stock setup calls for 120 front 130 rear jet
Thes smaller engines tend to run a bit hotter on
the piston closest to the driveline... Trying to keep temps the same
Needle and seats are brand new

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
What ski is this in?

Thes smaller engines tend to run a bit hotter on the piston closest to the driveline...

Well - they do if they're paired up with a sitdown which increases the load. Installed in a standup or a Blaster, the jetting is identical in both carbs. That's why I am asking which ski it's in.
To fix the squeaking popoff - make sure the needles are wet and you use a good popoff pump & gauge. I wet the needles with WD40 or premix gas.
Spring tension can differ even if they are spec'd the same. You can try a different spring, or you can bend the arm, or you can cut a coil off the stiffer spring.

Which end do you bend on the arm the spring side or needle side. I bent it a little and when i tested the pop off it got stuck open somehow. Probably bent too much.

62 t
Protec Pipe Black
Protec Rec Head
Jet works Flow control valve
Tau Ceti Flame arrestors
Reed spacers
Chris Carson Reeds
Msd Enhancer
Lightweight Flywheel by Zero
Blowison tailcone
Impros solas 14/19 extra setback
Removed all casting defects and Polished Shoe and Pump vanes also matched all rings
Blueprinted bottom and filled all bolt holes and seams
R & D intake
Protec ride plate
Also removed choke plates and switched to primer setup
removed oil injection, now using Klotz Oil premix w blockoff

I will shoot the cylinders w ray temp and make sure they are both running the same temperature Results to be posted shortly

Last edited:
I'm betting you have two different size seats or worn springs. Stagard jetting is explained very well on Group K site. I run half size larger main jet on pto side. I recently pulled head to inspect piston wash and found pto side had slightly leaner wash. I would start fresh with new needles and seats and springs. I used a gauge from a hvac manifold set. larger gauge and easier to read small increaments of needle movement.

just rebuilt both carbs with new needle n seat, w d 40 worked well now both are set at
55lbs.

just got it running tonight
2q850sw.png

Top Bottom