Advice on handle pole for my superjet

blasterboy1980

It must go faster!
Im building a superjet for my little brothers, I want to install a light handle pole and it will be ridden in the surf, Whats a good handle pole setup that wont cost me a million dollars, also looking for one maybe used. thanks

Its all about the surf!
$1000 for aftermarket? give me a break- Every body loves to throw there money away when the stock RN Super jet pole is still the best option available.

stanton

High on jetskis.
best? i hate the stock pole, it flexes like 3 inches i broke mine over and over until i dropped the coin on a umi, huuuge difference! now using the beeeast of the rrp and only complaint is its heavier than stock pole and hood! haha

Its all about the surf!
......... it flexes like 3 inches i broke mine over and over ........

Really? Mine doesn't flex at all, even after countless back flops and barrel slaps. Where exactly did yours flex? Are you sure your not confusing the pole with worn bushings? I've had the aluminum end come loose and get jiggely but BEFORE it got bad, I just removed it, cleaned it up and re-epoxied it (I did replace the rivets with bolts backed with fender washers) and it was good as new. I've never broke one. I figure I saved my self about $980

stanton

High on jetskis.
its something you really feel when landing a roll, that weird lateral force. doesnt seem like a big difference but that flex is like a rubber band against your arms. theres stress cracks up the length of the fiberglass so i guess it all bends. ive riveted, epoxied, covered in carbon, thru bolted, all were destroyed way faster than they should have. after that im super careful riding skis with stock poles. i dont know how you get away with it!

Its all about the surf!
Maybe I'm lucky and got a good one or your not so lucky and got a bad one? In our group, The only broken SJ pole I know of happened to Chris Rosner, every one else hasn't had any problems. As far as flex goes, how reinforced is your pole base? My pole base is OVER reinforced if anything. Its almost and inch thick at the base and I also have a solid aluminum plate that the pole bracket is mounted to which sandwhiches everything together. Each layer of reinforcement cloth at the pole base is staggered and wraped from either side to side, bond line to bond line or front to rear from the nose to the engine compartment. IMO nothing on your ski takes more abuse than the pole base, its like wrenching on the mounting bolts with a five foot cheater bar

stock blows and anyone who says otherwise doesnt ride hard! i make poles and sell them per order and warranty them for life. This has proven so far (30 poles-ish) that none have broken. They weigh less than six lbs. and come with the lowered style bracket but fit stock as well and a chinpad. $400 shipped
also have many aftermarket poles for sale
IMGP2334.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get rid of the stock pole until it breaks. Shorten it a little. After you shorten and epoxy the base back on wrap the joint between the base and the bottom of the pole with a few layers of glass. That set up will be pretty strong, light, and cheap. It also has flotation foam which the AM poles don't have.

When/if you break it then get a X metal or RRP or even the one just mentioned in the previous post.

Its all about the surf!
stock blows and anyone who says otherwise doesnt ride hard!

Haha that's funny dude, of course your statement would be a lot more credible if you weren't trying to push your own aftermarket pole line!
Sales tactics 101, make sure the potential buyer feels inadequate unless he has your product!!!! I will say your pole looks pretty good and your pricing is very reasonable. When I "learn" to ride hard I'll be calling you!

stock pole works but they do tend to snap off. no thanks ben there tried that. rrp now. o and they do flex like crazy

Last edited:

stanton

High on jetskis.
i didnt bother getting crazy with the reinforcement i figured a few layers of glass and carbon with thru bolts would hold it. if i really wanted to use the stocker i would but the feel of aftermarket is just better!

i dont try to push my poles. i sell them one at a time more for fun and helping out. stock to me is a hazard. ive broken three poles riding. two which were reinforced decently. its a big hassle, a safety rizk and you will likely ruin your steering cable, throttle cable and possibly like ive seen before rip the wires in half to the kill switch/start switch.
Chris (jetmaniac) did this and his ski was WOT in the surf all over the place!

Last edited:
ya john i have never seen you ride hard or getting yourself into some nasty situations i guess riding todos wasn't to hectic and your massive flops aren't big enough. IMO everyone has their preference some are good a lot are not necessary but what i have learned is just ride with what you have. their is no reason to drop a grand on a handle pole to find out its to heavy or you dont like the look are feel of it. unless your brothers already launching 15+ in the air off a 4 foot wave a stock pole will be fine for at least 2+ years. my last stock pole lasted 4 years and thats after i learned flips and rolls. plus stock poles are light and cost the least.

RRP pole for me, I went from an SXR to a Superjet to a 300sx conversion back to a supejet all with the same pole, just had to adjust it. That's alot of cash saved!

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
RRP pole for me, I went from an SXR to a Superjet to a 300sx conversion back to a supejet all with the same pole, just had to adjust it. That's alot of cash saved!

Very true, if you are someone who switches skis a lot, the adjust-ability of the RRP allows for the usage on multiple applications.004.JPG

djraider700

lol wut?
stock 2010 pole cut back 2 inches for me until i have a good reason to replace it. i ride pretty hard in the surf and have had no problems so far (knock on wood) with just a limiting rope. I like the design and adjustability of the rrp, but it's big $$$ and it feels like a tank compared to stock.

Top Bottom