All electric PWC goes 50 mph

ski4

gonzo
oh it can totally BE done...i just dont think at the stage its at it will be cost effective AT ALL. nor the performance they claim.
i agree its a start. but thats all it is. its not the end all be all they seem to think.

for sure
and it has to start somewhere.
if there is a shown interest and demand then perhaps they can get some real funding and marketing in their pocket

keefer

T1
I would love an all electric ski! An electric motor delivers full torque nearly instantly. If and when better battery technology is developed this will be possible. I wonder if anybody is working on fuel cell technology that could be incorporated into a PWC to help keep the weight down and still deliver enough power to make a ski have a good power to weight ratio?

the fact that they want to make an electric boat doesn't bother me one bit and i sincerely hope that i'll do a bf on one one day.
it's how they are denigrating the industry as a whole that bothers me.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.

i couldnt agree more. i want to like them and what they stand for, but the fact that they are so outspoken about in order to support it you need to think everything gasoline is EVIL is a little much. hard to swallow for me. i just get annoyed.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
If he thinks that is 50 MPH he is dreaming. He almost couldn't catch that sail boat. Is that a Honda hull? That thing alone will weight close to 500 pounds bare then a 40 to 60 HP motor. That is what it would take to get that hull to 30 MPH. Then 6 deep cycle 8 volt batteries to get 48 volts of power would be adding around 1000 to 1200 pounds.

This guy is a quack. Here is a post from Mr. Bluewater [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Gasoline engines in personal watercraft produce piercing noises that can be heard for 10’s of miles[/FONT]

My ski is about the loudest that I have heard and at 3/4 mile across a quiet lake it can barely be heard.

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

They could be using Lithium-Ion batteries like a laptop. That would jack the price tag and profit margins up nicely.

the guy who owns the pattend for the first electric jet ski lives a few miles from me. my neighbor is an engineer and product designer and they have talked about it befor. supposedly he cant get it to plane out...

oh and by the way... star bucks is getting a new cup and my neighbor is the one that designed it.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
the guy who owns the pattend for the first electric jet ski lives a few miles from me. my neighbor is an engineer and product designer and they have talked about it befor. supposedly he cant get it to plane out...

oh and by the way... star bucks is getting a new cup and my neighbor is the one that designed it.

little man crush on the neighbor anyone?
:jester:

ski4

gonzo
the fact that they want to make an electric boat doesn't bother me one bit and i sincerely hope that i'll do a bf on one one day.
based on the web site and high quality advertising, i don't think the industry has a lot to worry about.

Penken

whoomp there it is!
it would be awesome to have an electric stand-up with the same power and weight as stock if it would be possible.

no need for bilges anymore. just ride under water for ages haha. never flood an engine or have to worry about it.

i think it´s a great idea.

ger87410

How did I get here?
I think the last time PWCs were limited to 50 mph was around 20 years ago.

Someone needs to give this company kudos for being 20 years behind everyone else.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Someone needs to give this company kudos for being 20 years behind everyone else.

FYI, Edison was only 50 yrs behind, imagine if he had left the idea alone...

Electricity and Lightbulb - History

Thomas Edison's greatest challenge was the development of a practical incandescent, electric light. Contrary to popular belief, he didn't "invent" the lightbulb, but rather he improved upon a 50-year-old idea. In 1879, using lower current electricity, a small carbonized filament, and an improved vacuum inside the globe, he was able to produce a reliable, long-lasting source of light. The idea of electric lighting was not new, and a number of people had worked on, and even developed forms of electric lighting. But up to that time, nothing had been developed that was remotely practical for home use. Edison's eventual achievement was inventing not just an incandescent electric light, but also an electric lighting system that contained all the elements necessary to make the incandescent light practical, safe, and economical. After one and a half years of work, success was achieved when an incandescent lamp with a filament of carbonized sewing thread burned for thirteen and a half hours.
There are a couple of other interesting things about the invention of the light bulb: While most of the attention was on the discovery of the right kind of filament that would work, Edison actually had to invent a total of seven system elements that were critical to the practical application of electric lights as an alternative to the gas lights that were prevalent in that day.

These were the development of:

the parallel circuit,
a durable light bulb,
an improved dynamo,
the underground conductor network,
the devices for maintaining constant voltage,
safety fuses and insulating materials, and
light sockets with on-off switches.

teton

tetongravity.com
simple fact is that until battery technology evolves, combustion engines will allways make more sense....its the same as hybrid vehicles, people neglect to consider the real polluters (the power companies)....and manufacturing/disposal of batteries (not to mention the real costs).....when clean diesel/direct injection 2 stokes and combined cycles are shunned by the environmental community...because to them diesels/2-strokes will allways be the same....

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
It was estimated in 2001 that air pollution from Jet skis imposes at least 240 million dollars a year in healthcare costs to Americans.

This noise disturbance was estimated to cost the public 1.25 billion dollars in 2005 and had negatively impacted property value in the amount of 315 million.

where did he get those numbers? forget a stimulus package, just ban jetski's

Last edited:

ger87410

How did I get here?
where did he get those numbers? forget a stimulus package, just ban jetski's
x2

Because everyone knows that all boat engines are WAY quieter then any pwc engine.

Noise – Gasoline engines in personal watercraft produce piercing noises that can be heard for 10’s of miles. This noise disturbance was estimated to cost the public 1.25 billion dollars in 2005 and had negatively impacted property value in the amount of 315 million.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
simple fact is that until battery technology evolves, combustion engines will allways make more sense....its the same as hybrid vehicles, people neglect to consider the real polluters (the power companies)....and manufacturing/disposal of batteries (not to mention the real costs).....when clean diesel/direct injection 2 stokes and combined cycles are shunned by the environmental community...because to them diesels/2-strokes will allways be the same....

Too True,

Here is the reason I referenced Edison;

Thomas Edison's teachers said he was "too stupid to learn anything." He was fired from his first two jobs for being "non-productive." As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."

There are many tiny steps and for every major break through. These guys are just one of the steps to something much bigger. It really doesn't matter if it works or not, they are part of a process.

afcblink

Stuck in the no wake zone
Yes, I think these guys are dreamers and jerks. But no, I don't think their ski is a bad thing. It surely needs more development, but that's good. Right now, there's a lot of home-brewed innovation in electric vehicles I think is exciting. The average joe has been able to tinker around with I/C vehicles less and less over the last 20 years.

On a closely related topic, the Isle of Man will hold the first-ever electric/fuel cell motorcycle race, the "TTXGP" in 17 days. I've been following this, and I think it's cool. Sure, they're going to struggle to get one lap of the mountain course, but really, that's exactly what the piston bikes were doing in 1911. I did that sort of experimental innovation as much as I like to see riders going fast...

http://www.ttxgp.com/

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
I dont like being ECO friendly. I like the smell of race fuel and Castor mix.

My ski is electric powerd, which then the lil electric motor starts my fossil fuel motor.

The ski in that video isnt NEW either. It looks like a Honda.

Last edited:
Top Bottom