All Vendors-please Read!!!

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
That sounds great !:Banane09: if we can make the rider responsible for an agenda set forth by the sponsor and the rider. I believe that a legal contract is also neccessary (just like all major sports) to maintain the goals set forth by both parties. I know too many companies that have been burned in the past due to sponsoring riders by just a verbal aggreement.

Let's get some ideas of what you guys think should be included in this contract (ie decal placements, event participation, goals and product promotion) If riders due their parts as sponsored riders, than I know that companies (such as myself) will promote and give our riders the opportunity to exceed in our sport (hobby!!):bigok:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
uh, every company that sponsors riders always sends a legal contract for us to sign....... I know Slippery, Hydroturf, Jazz, Utopia Optics and SixSixOne have all sent me contracts either by paper or electronic means. Handshake agreements are nice, but for a true sponsorship agreement to be in effect you need the legal document. Otherwise it is one persons word against another........

i agree with the legal contract completely and for the sponsership goes most of that if a tax wright off anyway to a certane extent and i agree there are alot of people out there that do give all they can give and everyone appriciates it greatly

Big Kahuna

Administrator
You have to actually compete, Harrison. Did you do that this year?!? :poke:

2nd Place Tupelo........ on a stock motor, no porting, nodda, zilch.... with carbs that were so out of tune that I thought I was on Gil's ski....... And still pulled a few rolls................ Still waiting on entry fee's from a sponsor...........:popworm: :stooges: :eek:mfg: :popworm: :Banane19: :bananalama:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Don't count on that, it's probably down the drain.

Flushed away so to say.

Down the pipes.

A turd.

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
I think if all of the vendors contributed to a payout for each competition, it wouldn't take to many contributions to reach the $1K mark for a win.
Riders must have the appropriate stickers in the appropriate places to get the dough.
The dedicated riders that are serious about competing get rewarded accordingly.
The vendors aren't taking the risk that the riders a flake ;)
If you can go to the competitions, and cash in on 10-15k for a season, it sure would help feed the fire.

Fire away, give it your own spin, I'm just throwin it out there...........

I think if all of the vendors contributed to a payout for each competition, it wouldn't take to many contributions to reach the $1K mark for a win.
Riders must have the appropriate stickers in the appropriate places to get the dough.
The dedicated riders that are serious about competing get rewarded accordingly.
The vendors aren't taking the risk that the riders a flake ;)
If you can go to the competitions, and cash in on 10-15k for a season, it sure would help feed the fire.

Fire away, give it your own spin, I'm just throwin it out there...........

contingency money similar to the seadoo bounty and also how they run in the NMRA Racing Series.... they have a set list from all of the vendors that are contingency supporters and there is a different pay out for first second and third. you have to be running the sticker and the approved part from that vendor/mfr. in order to get the money....

here is a list from the NMRA to show you what i am talking about..

http://nmraracing.com/contingency/2007_full.htm

contingency money similar to the seadoo bounty and also how they run in the NMRA Racing Series.... they have a set list from all of the vendors that are contingency supporters and there is a different pay out for first second and third. you have to be running the sticker and the approved part from that vendor/mfr. in order to get the money....

here is a list from the NMRA to show you what i am talking about..

http://nmraracing.com/contingency/2007_full.htm

Gil,

that is essentially what you need..... if the mfr's or vendors agree then it is gravy

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
I know that this year for me is gonna be hard to afford anything more than the basic RN im building. I may be winging it w/ stock exhuast :headbang:

Last edited:

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
I know u were ski-less at Nationals, I was glad to let u ride mine, but assume u had issues with yers.

Harrison riding w/stk cylinders at Tupelo and did not go to Nationals

Jesse, well, he always needs chit.

Myself, I need trim for 2008 and already have one very good offer on the table! U know who u r, if it's cool to mention u, please let me brag on u publicly.

Werd..Ya thanks again for hooking me up with a ride at nationals. I did run into some issues w/ my ski and what not. Im hoping i can work out a deal to get me a hood with some freaking hand holds and just a little better motor setup. Im was super satisfied with my setup i ran last year. Dont need anymore than a pipe, head, and a prop.

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
I'm liking your brain storming Gil.

I'd love to just be paid X amount of dollars for make all events....what sucks is riding isnt paying the bills and I cant miss work.

What I have worked out in the past was to make X amount of rides/comps for Y amount of dollars within so many months. That worked out well but not everyone is willing.

MY ski doesnt need anything really.....maybe a miracle and a little reinforcing....I think im just gonna ride it till it falls in half though.

My only concern about competing is $. Thats the biggest deal....entry fees, gas, hotels, food, missing work. It adds up quick, esp those who dont have paid sick days and such.

I'll say I've been blessed with many friends and sponsors who have shown me nothing but love. Chick from RF has helped me tons....Paul has been on site and on phone to push me on the water, HT has supported me with good products and TreasureTrooper.com helped me out with some parts.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
This is the very reason we need different levels/types of sponsorship, each of us has different needs to be able to compete. Basically the way I see it, some of us need parts and some of us need cashola!

So, lets say sponsor A offers riders that compete in all but 1 event for a season 1000.00 worth of parts -or- 500.00 in cash! In my pee brain I think the 'real cost' for the vendors would be close to the same $ amount. It takes about 200.00 per event to compete, 500.00 would pay for rider to compete in 2 and 1/2 events. I think thats a pretty sweet deal and a hell of alot more than we get know!

Ya i agree. And sometimes it just has to be a simple product. It could be as simple as Company A giving a Rider a pole in return for that rider running big stickers and promoting that company at regional events and nationals. be cause by that company giving the rider that $500 pole, he now has cash to make it to the events.

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
gil...you amaze me...way to think outside of the box buddy, great ideas....

but man, oh man, sponsorhouse is gonna be mad at you for ruining their racket...:bigok:

refreshing stuff to see...:Banane09:

is this for real?? they agreed to give the (work/ money/ part) as long as you make it to the event??

wouldn't that kill their business if they were to have all the riders show up??

anyway i am IN!!!!!!

Top Bottom