Freestyle AM Freestyle Motor opinions PHP- Xscream - Dasa

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Your opinions and experiences appreciated.
We have all seen videos of HUGE air and Great tricks on todays AM 900cc power, The top 3 seem to be the ones in the headed.
Assuming a light weight freestyle hull with all the big boy bolt ons such as PFP, TL, 155 mag pumps and minimum 48mm carbs.
Who has input on any or all of the above?
Not really looking for input on the 850cc stock stroker PV setups, they have been out long enough to know what they are.
I can speak for only the DASA 7 port 10mil 900 , seems to have a nice all around power but not a huge WOW factor.
I have heard great things about the X-scream XS900R I think it is, the 10mil 7 port 900 motor but have no time on one personally and the cost is WOW crazy
PHP is the new kid on the block (in my eyes anyway) with some new options avail and good things being said but I have NO personal experience on them, price seems very reasonable.

Bottom line, if you were looking for the most bang for your buck in AM freestyle power plant which would you go for and WHY.
Anyone compare any or all of the above?

i have rode dasa 900 and php 900 in the same hull with same pump and the dasa was hitting like a s.o.b. the php was hitting hard but not as hard as the dasa. xcream i wouldn't even bother with

i didn't ride these skis at worlds btw

Last edited:
I had a php898 and it ran great, didnt blow me away but for the money a great choice to get you in competition

I also rode an xmetal 900 10mil, crazy power and juat keeps pulling, i was very impressed

I havent rode a new dasa 900 so i cant judge them but zeskis looked pretty solid on friday so i would consider it based on tbat alone

If i was ever serious about competing it would be the xscream or dasa, they are more expensive and may require more maintenance due to the longer stroke but the power is worth every penny if your looking to win

sjetrider

Great info, keep it coming. I really think the new AM power options are going to be the way of the future for most riders, with hulls getting lighter and shorter and power plants , pumps and pipes getting stronger most of us will not need 1200cc power. I know dont. The Amature WF was incredibly impressive for 900cc power. blew me away what guys were doing with 900cc power.
UNFREAKINGBELEIVABLE

A local guy around here has the PHP 898 with the light weight 4mm, It is so smooth and has noticabley less viberation than any other ski i have ridden. It absoulty rips, I'm currently runnning a smaller PHP motor and the guys are also very helpful with tuning and other seemingly tricky problems that are common. They know there stuff that is for sure.. The 898 php will be my next eninge no doubt

sjetrider

A local guy around here has the PHP 898 with the light weight 4mm, It is so smooth and has noticabley less viberation than any other ski i have ridden. It absoulty rips, I'm currently runnning a smaller PHP motor and the guys are also very helpful with tuning and other seemingly tricky problems that are common. They know there stuff that is for sure.. The 898 php will be my next eninge no doubt

Great info, have you ridden any comparison motors? I have heard great things about the lightweight 4mil crank in the PHP motors being smooth. But I am hoping smooth does not mean flat when it comes to power?

CRJ

Hibernating
i dont ride many AM hulls, but even marc's ^ motor pulls hard in my eyes. watching JR on the hurricane, thats some awesome power and ability!

seems to have power in this vid.

Last edited by a moderator:

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
I have rode all 3. Had a PHP 898 last year, rode Phillip Clemons Dasa 10mil 900 and I have the XS900.

Honestly the PHP 4mil 898 felt a lot like the Dasa 10mil. Both were really good off the bottom but seems to start falling off on mid and top. The PHP might have had a tad more off the bottom,and for the price I'd go with the PHP between those two.

The Team Xscream XS900RR which is their new 900 that I was riding at world finals is no comparison. It pulls like a freight train all the way thru. If you want the best than that is it. Yes they are more expensive but, it's like that for a reason. Not trying to boast in any way but their 900 placed 6th in the pro class

Last edited:
Smooth isnt flat, it has the same snap as you would expect but without the shake of a big motor, I have not ridden the 10mm 900cc dasa or xm, But i have been on the 10mm 1100cc, a few 10mm 970cc dasa's then the stock stroke xm and dasa motors, along with some random 5 and 6mm stroker non billet motors that come out to just around 850-900cc

it's setup. every motor can feel different with different tuners. jace, the 900's before that was a dog. I can't comment on the new stuff, but prior to your boat not one of the old 900's impressed me. lets see if xmetal will sell that setup to an average customer. doubtful they will. btw jace, you came a long way in the last couple weeks. routine looked great!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
i have rode dasa 900 and php 900 in the same hull with same pump and the dasa was hitting like a s.o.b. the php was hitting hard but not as hard as the dasa. xcream i wouldn't even bother with
i didn't ride these skis at worlds btw

I believe you rode Wispy's ski which did not have the lightweight crank or new lightweight pistons. Also it did not have extensive pump/motor/setup tuning either.

I had a php898 and it ran great, didnt blow me away but for the money a great choice to get you in competition

I also rode an xmetal 900 10mil, crazy power and juat keeps pulling, i was very impressed

I havent rode a new dasa 900 so i cant judge them but zeskis looked pretty solid on friday so i would consider it based on tbat alone

If i was ever serious about competing it would be the xscream or dasa, they are more expensive and may require more maintenance due to the longer stroke but the power is worth every penny if your looking to win

I think your motor did not have the new PHP lightweight crank or lightweight pistons either, correct?

I rode an 898 php with the light weight crank and pistons had all necessary parts( twin 48mm novi, msd tl, 155mag,pfp).
Perfect linear power, was very impressed.

But with that said aslong as your running all the proper goodies novi/full specs, pfp and 155mag, msd tl. Any one of those 3 motors are gonna be great.
I would buy the cheapest one becuase I bet the difference is little. Unless your competing at WF level

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
it's setup. every motor can feel different with different tuners. jace, the 900's before that was a dog. I can't comment on the new stuff, but prior to your boat not one of the old 900's impressed me. lets see if xmetal will sell that setup to an average customer. doubtful they will. btw jace, you came a long way in the last couple weeks. routine looked great!

Thanks for the kind words Blake!!

I do agree, to the average customer they will probably not sell a lot of those setups, and how and who sets them up plays a huge roll. I wish I would have had more fuel on demo day so Chris could have taken my ski out. We burnt thru almost 30 gallons in a couple hours. If you get a chance hit up Lucas and ask him how he liked it, he took it out for a while.

One thing I have noticed is most people don't ride these kind of engines like they are ment to be rode. You have to ride them like you stole it in order to really feel the power with any setup. Just going out and brap ping the throttle a few times won't really tell you much

I believe you rode Wispy's ski which did not have the lightweight crank or new lightweight pistons. Also it did not have extensive pump/motor/setup tuning either.

I think your motor did not have the new PHP lightweight crank or lightweight pistons either, correct?

No i had asked for the lightweight crank but it did not have it, the pistons im not sure on. It was still a great motor just if i was going out to compete at world finals i would fork out the extra cash for the dasa or xscream.

We have a winner we have a winner ! This is 1000 percent correct. Most of these motors in the same class I think come down to tuning . Water routing , prop , pump, timing , compression , hull weight , on and on. I think it's damn near impossible to judge apples to apples.

"lets see if xmetal will sell that setup to an average customer. doubtful they will. " Blake I tend to agree , a regular joe bag of doughnuts is not going to get what they see/test ride at events. I think some of these set ups are just to far on the edge of reliability for mass sale.

You could go as far as saying demo days are more a show of tuning than " who has the BEST motor ".

JM going on the defensive! I wish I had more time with wispy's ski. I put some time into it, but to get it you really need a few weeks of time and a drum of fuel. still either way I think they are call great options, but the 10 mil is where it's at. that's why x metal went back to it. they work.

Top Bottom