Freestyle AM Freestyle Motor opinions PHP- Xscream - Dasa

Didnt read any of the posts prior cause its pointless. I have rode multiples of every motor, php 989, dasa 900, and xmetal 900. The xmetal 900 blows them all away in terms of power, there is no question about it. Dasa motors are too detuned, case and point 9/10 of the top ten pro frestylers ride x metal, one rides bun. The last dasa to do decent was rok and his motor isnt the dasa any of us can buy. The php has lots of hit down low but falls flat on its face as soon as it builds revs, very impressive if you arent looking for massive amplitude.
Xmetal 900 is a bit weak down low, but as soon as it starts moving it has way more power than you will expect from a 900. Top end and mid is where you want more power cause thats how you get higher out of the water. Xmetal 900 is the only 900 to do flips from idle.

Now back to bang for your buck, id say php. But best 900 is xmetal hands down, results dont lie.

Didnt read any of the posts prior cause its pointless. I have rode multiples of every motor, php 989, dasa 900, and xmetal 900. The xmetal 900 blows them all away in terms of power, there is no question about it. Dasa motors are too detuned, case and point 9/10 of the top ten pro frestylers ride x metal, one rides bun. The last dasa to do decent was rok and his motor isnt the dasa any of us can buy. The php has lots of hit down low but falls flat on its face as soon as it builds revs, very impressive if you arent looking for massive amplitude.
Xmetal 900 is a bit weak down low, but as soon as it starts moving it has way more power than you will expect from a 900. Top end and mid is where you want more power cause thats how you get higher out of the water. Xmetal 900 is the only 900 to do flips from idle.

Now back to bang for your buck, id say php. But best 900 is xmetal hands down, results dont lie.

results don't lie? ehh. roks motor had the same cylinders everyone gets. no porting was done to them. he ports the cases and is a genius when it comes to setups. you speak of last year like it was a distant memory. as for off idle flips, chris does it on his dasa 900 and lucas did it to like 13 flips in a row on his 900 last year. either way you like to stir the pot so it doesn't matter what's actually happened. or the fact when your "team" makes 50% of the field up might help your odds.

results don't lie? ehh. roks motor had the same cylinders everyone gets. no porting was done to them. he ports the cases and is a genius when it comes to setups. you speak of last year like it was a distant memory. as for off idle flips, chris does it on his dasa 900 and lucas did it to like 13 flips in a row on his 900 last year. either way you like to stir the pot so it doesn't matter what's actually happened. or the fact when your "team" makes 50% of the field up might help your odds.

Ok sorry "in competition" dont get to rectum raging on us! And what does lucas ride now? I think he must have seen the light.
50% of the field, yes that too thanks for reminding me, dont forget sales dont lie either. I dont think the most expensive 900 is also the most popular in competition for no reason either.

Ok sorry "in competition" dont get to rectum raging on us! And what does lucas ride now? I think he must have seen the light.
50% of the field, yes that too thanks for reminding me, dont forget sales dont lie either. I dont think the most expensive 900 is also the most popular in competition for no reason either.

he's riding his couch right now. xmetal seems to be behind on getting him one :) sales don't lie? that means the bob hull should of won right? they sell more than all. xmetal handed out quite a few skis to try and take it this year. who cares? you'll never win. i'll never win. i'm still down to do the boxing match at kokomo's next year.

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
X-Scream has put a lot of R&D into their new cylinders... They've managed to do what others couldn't with a billet cylinder in regards to the porting... Nothing on the market is going to produce as much power for the displacement... That being said, if you want best bang for your buck, go with a larger displacement DASA or php motor... If your going to compete in AM and don't want to be at a disadvantage, the X-Scream 900rr is your only choice for their isn't anything else on the market making as much power... unless you go with larger displacement...

It's amazing to me that a DASA 1200 with billet cases cost less than the X-Scream 900rr.... I'm not going to pay more for a 900 motor when I could be running a 1200 with billet cases for less cash... just so I can compete 1-2 times a year for a couple min's a time... just not worth it to me...

AM freestyle allows after market hulls and as far as limiting the motors, it's a $9K+ motor... out of reach by most...

I may feel different if I got to ride the 900rr at body beach, but I waited around for hours and wasn't able to... I just can't imagine it making more power than the DASA 1200... Especially when they start selling the 7 port 1200...

I would love to see a freestyle class with oem hulls and oem ported motors only! A lot more attainable for beginners and more peeps might compete! .02 cents

Last edited:
Finally just rode my new dasa 900. Needless to say I'm very happy with it. I've rode the xmetal 900 as well and to be fully honest I will need a lot more riding on the 2 to fine the fine line of difference in power on them. My 900 hits like my 1100. IT'S ALL ABOUT TUNING. I have rode 1100s and 1200s that hit like 850s.

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
Finally just rode my new dasa 900. Needless to say I'm very happy with it. I've rode the xmetal 900 as well and to be fully honest I will need a lot more riding on the 2 to fine the fine line of difference in power on them. My 900 hits like my 1100. IT'S ALL ABOUT TUNING. I have rode 1100s and 1200s that hit like 850s.

New DASA 900 and old x scream 900r are both 7 port motors... New x scream motor is quite different.

X-Scream has put a lot of R&D into their new cylinders... They've managed to do what others couldn't with a billet cylinder in regards to the porting... Nothing on the market is going to produce as much power for the displacement... That being said, if you want best bang for your buck, go with a larger displacement DASA or php motor... If your going to compete in AM and don't want to be at a disadvantage, the X-Scream 900rr is your only choice for their isn't anything else on the market making as much power... unless you go with larger displacement...

It's amazing to me that a DASA 1200 with billet cases cost less than the X-Scream 900rr.... but that's why I've said :):):):) competing anymore... I'm not going to pay more for a 900 motor when I could be running a 1200 with billet cases for less cash... just so I can compete 1-2 times a year for a couple min's a time... just not worth it...

Unless you have a lot of money their is no fair way to compete... AM freestyle allows after market hulls and as far as limiting the motors, it's a $9K+ motor... out of reach by most...

I may feel different if I got to ride the 900rr at body beach, but I waited around for hours and wasn't able to... I just can't imagine it making more power than the DASA 1200... Especially when they start selling the 7 port 1200...

I would love to see a freestyle class with oem hulls and oem ported motors only! A lot more attainable for beginners and more peeps might compete! .02 cents
I guess that makes Chris' run even more impressive since he took 2nd with a motor thats not even competitive!

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
I guess that makes Chris' run even more impressive since he took 2nd with a motor thats not even competitive!

Yes... I believe so...
If he was running a 5 or 7 port 900 motor against X scream's new 900rr motor, he was at a disadvantage... Jace may have still won for he trained very hard and is a very talented rider... but I believe Chris was competing with less power... I wouldn't go as far to say that his motor wasn't competitive...

All in all, someone is always going to have an advantage... whether it's a hull, motor, skill level, or training...

The one at the Top of the podium usually has all of em!

Last edited:
he's riding his couch right now. xmetal seems to be behind on getting him one :) sales don't lie? that means the bob hull should of won right? they sell more than all. xmetal handed out quite a few skis to try and take it this year. who cares? you'll never win. i'll never win. i'm still down to do the boxing match at kokomo's next year.

I believe this is a thread about motors, not hulls.
You talk about fighting a lot and this is a jet ski forum, maybe your in the wrong forums, maybe you and your tapout shirt belong else where....you seem to get off topic easy.

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
We will have 900rr in one of our hulls at Daytona.... Anyone is more then welcome to try

I know I would love to! Not planning on buying another motor till after Daytona so that would be great! I'll be sure to have some extra fuel just in case it runs out!

Last edited:
X-Scream has put a lot of R&D into their new cylinders... They've managed to do what others couldn't with a billet cylinder in regards to the porting... Nothing on the market is going to produce as much power for the displacement... the X-Scream 900rr is your only choice for their isn't anything else on the market making as much power... unless you go with larger displacement...

It's amazing to me that a DASA 1200 with billet cases cost less than the X-Scream 900rr.... I'm not going to pay more for a 900 motor when I could be running a 1200 with billet cases for less cash... just so I can compete 1-2 times a year for a couple min's a time... just not worth it to me...
AM freestyle allows after market hulls and as far as limiting the motors, it's a $9K+ motor... out of reach by most...
It shouldnt be worth it to anyone with common sense,thats not full sponsored rider,paying nothing or MUCH less. The whole concept of limiting the amateur class to 900 is retarded when everyone in the field has to have a more expensive motor to be competitive,the whole limit cc concept is to make it more affordable for the average guy.not hard to see whos really benefiting here.should be run what ya brung,who cares,its not like it even matters who wins.what are they gonna buy with there winnings,a couple happy meals? Its pretty obvious these guys do it for the fun of it,why make it more expensive to make less power and make the same trick even harder to complete for a amateur with less skill?

No one is Roger Decoster here in the middle of the 2 stroke hay day with factory team support and real money involved where it actually makes a career difference.It seems very likely that xscream has put a sim port layout in the 900 that was being used in the 1200 66e platform.Theres gonna be alot of that going around soon...

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
I went from a 885 to an 1105 and guess what.......I went bigger, but the stuff I struggled with on 900 CCs didn't magically become perfect on 1100........it's still about the rider, tuning, and proper tuning/setup for the rider and riding style. Not knocking big motors (or more power), but too many people are obsessed with power and not skill. Hell it took me two years to learn to flip on waayy more power than I have now, but I finally got it. Lots of practice is how I got it, not lots of CCs or power. I had way more than I needed and couldn't use it.

My point.....there are differences in opinions on all these motors, but most of us won't ride any better on one versus the other. In most cases, the motors are not the limiting factor.... We as riders are :)

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
I can tell you probably any one of these if not all are the best motors to buy it just depends on what you expect out of the box and what you are will to spend on all the parts and time to make those engines work .
If you buy anyone of and expect to to bolt it in and have the best engine out there you are wasting your time . I can tell you it is more important about who is training and tuning with you on a weekly basis than what you started with as far as engine goes .
Dasa is our choice for a number of reasons . Customer service , parts availability , parts quality and turnaround time and just all around a pleasure to deal with Kyle and Dan .

Xscream makes great engines they just cost a bit more but at the same time if you are willing to buy there package deal upfront it may save you hours later on the tuning side .

We offer turn key proven package setups too and this is what more people should be concerned with is what is total build cost and tuning time to get me the best amateur class engine .

Top Bottom