Super Jet Another FAKE ADA Head

Is there a possibility the seller didn't know its fake. You guys are making it out to be like he is out the screw the world.

If you paid with paypal, you shouldn't have a problem if you return the item.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Is there a possibility the seller didn't know its fake. You guys are making it out to be like he is out the screw the world.

If you paid with paypal, you shouldn't have a problem if you return the item.

The seller is claiming he bought it from Ada.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
OK....so WHO IS THE DEALER that sold them to KCR on the other thread, and why was it closed before we found out where they came from????? BTW, glad KCR did the right thing.
It shouldn't be hard to track this down, right?

#ZERO has it right. Engrave FAKE on it so 5 more people don't get screwed on the same part.

Last edited:

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
If he lied about buying it from ADA and he's quick to return your money, I'm guessing he knew it was a fake and is trying to brush it under the rug.

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
Put the bitches on blast and let them speak out to save face....

The last thread was left off that ADA knew who was responsible and was taking action... apparently not swift enough because the operation isn't shut down, rather updated to try to conceal the previous round of giveaways.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
Contact ADA, perhaps they will help you out with a new, genuine piece.

Always purchase from legitimate reputable dealers who have the ability to stand behind the products that they sell. Not to mention the reputable dealers are the ones that put back into the sport. Some guy who is slinging parts as a side business is likely not going to help the support survive much less grow.

Mike@OptimaRacing.com

Always purchase from legitimate reputable dealers

That's fine and dandy when purchasing new but that's not the scenario here. Dealers can't expect everyone to be able to afford new and there to be no used marketplace....

This is a case of some A-hole F'ing it up for all markets.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately there are some floating around that have the date stamp, but the only stamp I've seen is this 10/09. I have not had any sent in that had any other date on them, and as far as I know the number of these out there is pretty limited. KCR357 did right by as many of his customers as he could and I believe is taking legal action against the dealer so that is why not much info has been posted. KCR357 told us he bought around 20 of the kits and I've replaced about 10 of them at his expense, although heavily discounted, it still cost him a pretty penny to take care of everyone he could. KCR357 is a stand up guy as far as we're concerned. The other 10 people have not come forward to replace them so that could be one of the ones you got. I can however guarantee that the seller is lying to you by saying he bought it directly from us, as I'm pretty sure we didn't knock off our own heads!:grumble:! From the looks of the machining and tolerances of the fakes, we are guessing they are made overseas somewhere, as any American machinist with any mechanical knowledge would know the tolerances are terrible and would be at a high risk for engine failure. Quality control is not exactly a high priority for these companies that knock off other manufacturers products. If you want to know you're buying a genuine ADA Racing product, buy from one of our respectable direct dealers such as Chris @ Jetmaniac (Chris has also been very helpful in this ordeal), Mike @ Optima Racing, or Ray @ QJC etc... If you decide you want to buy from your local dealer or repair shop instead, please verify they are an Authorized Hot Products, Riva Yamaha, or Lynn Vick Products dealer as those are our US distributors. You can also call or email me if you want to know if a local dealer is an authorized dealer. Now as far as the used market goes, I can easily tell from pictures if a head is legit or not so you can email me a link to an eBay or classified ad, or even pictures of the head and I can verify a genuine product. My email is matt@adaracing.com and my direct number is 480-507-6919 ext. 11. Thanks!

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
well, the "upside" I guess to this whole knockoff bs is that it appears as though our sport is finally getting the recognition it deserves...lol :p

maybe ada outsourced a batch and it didn't turn out up to their standards..... just sayin..

We don't "outsource" any billet products as we have 5 Haas machines that are all paid for. Why else do you think we can offer a complete 701 head kit for $100 less than anyone else?? We only use US made 6061/7075 aircraft grade aluminum and 303/416 stainless to produce all of our ADA Racing branded products. We have reputation for quality made in the USA products so I can guarantee you that is still the case at ADA.

-Matt

Top Bottom