Super Jet Another FAKE ADA Head

GSXR RACER MIKE

20 years of stand up
We don't "outsource" any billet products as we have 5 Haas machines that are all paid for. Why else do you think we can offer a complete 701 head kit for $100 less than anyone else?? We only use US made 6061/7075 aircraft grade aluminum and 303/416 stainless to produce all of our ADA Racing branded products. We have reputation for quality made in the USA products so I can guarantee you that is still the case at ADA.

-Matt
+1

The grade and quality of the materials used in making a product are so important, add to that having the proper manufacturing processes and proper dimensions/tolerances in making those products. I think those of us involved in Manufacturing have a much greater appreciation for just how important that collection of variables really is.

For me the saddest thing is that someone can make a 'knock-off' product that LOOKS identical, but is dimensionally incorrect and/or made out of inferior materials, and the average person won't know until it fails or doesn't function properly.

I applaud ADA Racing for using high quality materials and making the products here in the USA!

Lets just say I worked for a company and sales were slow due to a poor economy etc , I needed to boost sales even if the profit margins were not as high, lets just say I got someone to make me a copy of a product we were making and selling and sold said product under the table to some customers.

Now lets just say the product was defective and an obvious fake and sure enough the gig was soon up, but I had made the company an a$$load of money with the inferior product and since it was an obvious fake I blame someone else, someone without a name or face.

Ok lets just say I now step in to save the day and offer to sell the real deal at a reduced price if you send me the fake head back in, now I look like a hero and I have sold the fake heads with low production cost and no warranty and the new heads sitting on the shelves plus I got the fake heads back to sell again, you can see where I am going with this.

We all know this is all just fiction of course and could never happen in the real world.

Considering it would cost me more to have someone else make my product than it would for me to just make it, even in china, what motivation would I have? We invested a lot of money in this company over its 20 years and I promise you that all the stuff that is paid for around this shop makes it impossible to make anything anywhere else cheaper. Nice conspiracy theory though. Lol.

+1

The grade and quality of the materials used in making a product are so important, add to that having the proper manufacturing processes and proper dimensions/tolerances in making those products. I think those of us involved in Manufacturing have a much greater appreciation for just how important that collection of variables really is.

For me the saddest thing is that someone can make a 'knock-off' product that LOOKS identical, but is dimensionally incorrect and/or made out of inferior materials, and the average person won't know until it fails or doesn't function properly.

I applaud ADA Racing for using high quality materials and making the products here in the USA!

Thank you very much for the praise, we strive to provide the best quality products are a very reasonable price. It means a lot to have someone in the industry notice the quality in our products :)

Last edited:
Yes and they vary as much .010-.020", which is just WAY too much to have a good seal. Our acceptable tolerance difference is less than .0005, you do the math as to what issues that can cause if done improperly.

Old thread, but newer riders may never have heard of the fake ADA heads floating around.

Just saw one listed today, didn't want to post in the for sale thread, but the head shell is fake, not an ADA.
http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/ada-girded-head-yamaha-701.197858/

View attachment 389677

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?thre...feit-ada-head-being-produced-and-sold.108163/

The fake ADA head link u posted got edited to a different fake head picture, I was a little surprised. @Sanoman
Screenshot_20200221-071257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Even Though you would have felt like a jerk it probably should have been mentioned that the head in question that just sold should have been called out. Now someone just bought a fake head unknowingly and got screwed again.

Same item was posted at PWCToday wanting 270

Now i'm no super jetski builder or anything but If I ever got one of these and then realized it was fake, I would find a cool way to use it that wasn't on a Ski...Not resell it to someone else for a bunch of cash. Need to get it off the market and possibly save someone an engine rebuild.

Top Bottom