Other Anyone else Sore after every ride? Getting old sucks! ;)

good to hear these posts.i just came in from the lake yesterday and i feel like i just got my azz kicked.i also ski at least once a week.i will be 38 this year.glad its not just me.

i too am an old fart that refuses to back down. I suffer from the super soreness, lower back ache, and the numb hand. But let me tell you all that is nothing compared to the pull or tear in my right shoulder. pretty scary when you cant lift your elbow above your shoulder without shooting pain. cant put my arm above my head when I sleep either. I am afraid of doctors and mostly pain or pain caused by a doctor or even hearing something bad from a doctor so f that. after about a year it still has some lingering spots I cant move thru but overall I think the tear or whatever is being stretched back out and will eventually be gone but I would rather be the most sore I have ever been for a week or even a month then go thru that again.

now if I could just shed this 10 or 15lb belly that would be somethin!

I can totaly relate to your shoulder pain! gota be just about the worst thing to deal with, i say that as i type it with my left hand(im rt handed,or was) sitting here with my right arm in a sling,looking at my 5 little portholes and the 4" mangina they gave me last week when i had sugery to fix a tear and reattach a tendon i ripped completly off the bone on a BF gone bad.. worst part is my left shoulder prob has some tear as well, and prob will have to get it fixed as well... saving that for the winter months(after daytona..lol)
jb shoulder.jpg

Its all about the surf!
I am 48 so I'm at the upper end of the scale, but just like most of you, in my mind I'm still around 20 lol! Sure I'm a little overwieght but I ride pretty consistantly so I'm not so tired after a hard ride. I guess after reading this I really don't have anything to complain about if my only handicap is a minor case of cts in one hand!

Last edited:

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
Funny how badly these things beat you up. I could hardly function the day after the first ride of this season. It's great knowing you got a work out in though!

Top Bottom