Anyone on a supermoto?

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
I had a Husky510smr that I sold about a year ago. Was a great bike.

Attachments

• P1010128.jpg
    P1010128.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Huskydirt.jpg
    Huskydirt.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 63
I have an 03 Duke as one of my streetbikes, 07 Superduke as another. For racing I just sold my KTM 450 that I was running a 613cc stroker in (awesome motor!), and replaced it with a 2011 300XC KTM, great bike, back to the 2 strokes!!!!!
Just taking off the supermoto setup and converting it to my iceracing setup, woohoo!

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
I had a WR250X as a commuter for a year (put like 8k on it in 10 months) absolutely loved it. Wasn't the best for the slab and I had a pretty long commute so I sold it and got a streetbike. Been itching to get another tard for some time, just picked up an '02 KTM 640 yesterday and drove it home from Tampa. Lovin' this bike, the extra power is awesome, plus KTM knows a thing or two about making a nice bike.
3429259500_3da8b85bb2_z.jpg
6492598759_4fbdcbb313_z.jpg

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Not a supermoto but I have the "R" version of the X. LOVE this bike! Sold my YZ250F because the WR did everything the YZ does (just with a little slower and little more weight). But with the start button and a plate!! I will never buy a bike without a start button again...lol The WR does everything I need it to do......I have had it on the highway, NJ's baja sand pits, gnar singletrack, super steep and rocky pennsylvania coal mountain trails, even handles my low skill level on MX tracks just fine.

I will admit though, in a better economy I'd be rocking a brand new street legal KTM 350EXC. Maybe next year.

Even has "X-2 bend" UMI handle bars!
hardrock.JPG

Last edited:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
NICE 640 dude. Thats gotta be stupid fun on the road!
It is a blast, not the violent power deliver a 525/530 has but over 50hp make it nice for street duty and it's pretty comfy to boot.
I REALLY wanted to get a set of dirt tires/wheels for my X, it felt lighter than it actually was just wasn't great on the highway. The start button is a deal breaker for me on anything that is not a straight MX bike.

Nice, How do you like it? I'm planning on picking one up in the spring for commuting/stunting.

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bike is soooo much fun!!!! just gas up an ride it!!!

i commute 10 miles each way 5 miles of freeway its perfect for me.... i have a fmf pipe,programer,ais mod flaaper mod.....and some dual sport tires...shinkos 244

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
im surprised Shanes hasnt posted in here. he used to race Super Moto.

[video=youtube;tBu4Llf-dTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBu4Llf-dTw&list=UU91cvXAeoF6yfNU1v2clI3g&index=25&feature =plcp[/video]

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bike is soooo much fun!!!! just gas up an ride it!!!

i commute 10 miles each way 5 miles of freeway its perfect for me.... i have a fmf pipe,programer,ais mod flaaper mod.....and some dual sport tires...shinkos 244

Do you have a link to the air flapper mod you did? I put a fmf pipe, header, and tuner on mine but never messed with the airbox. I know thats def holding it back.

im surprised Shanes hasnt posted in here. he used to race Super Moto.
Thats insane. I cannot imagine jumping downhill on dirt with SM tires. I'd eat s__t!

Last edited:
Top Bottom