Apple air Tags

If you have Apple products already these things are a must.

If I care enough about certain things it has one stashed somewhere on it.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
They use nearby iphone's gps. Every time it's within range of a phone, it's location is sent. They use a cr2032 coin battery.
Grab a go phone. Connect it to the ski's battery and it will give real time tracking! The ski inside a crate inside a metal trailer may not detect any signal from passing cars or the truck driver.

I was just informed by law enforcement if your apple tag says your ski is in my garage. There isn't a damn thing you or they can do about it. You would have to petition the court in a civil matter to get a warrant.

Lot of good that will do you

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I was just informed by law enforcement if your apple tag says your ski is in my garage. There isn't a damn thing you or they can do about it. You would have to petition the court in a civil matter to get a warrant.

Lot of good that will do you

If thats the case, just creep outside waiting for the garage door to open and snap a pic!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I would test it before relying on it and see how close it really gets you. The find my phone app always puts our phones in neighbors houses and has never shown them in my own house.

I would test it before relying on it and see how close it really gets you. The find my phone app always puts our phones in neighbors houses and has never shown them in my own house.
Even if it’s not exact if something gets stolen I’d still take it being in a target radius vs being clueless which way it went.

Imagine knowing where your ski is and not being able to do a thing about it. Or going to the wrong house like mentioned and getting justifiably shot. Over a jet ski you could have just insured.

This sounds like a stupid solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

88kawi5fiddy

pew pew lazers!
Because it seems like skis can't be insured outside of CA. I've been told by many insurers that they can do it, but a day later the call back and say they can't.
must be a canada thing. state farm does our boats and jetskis. $5000 value each on 3 separate skis $225 a year for all 3 skis.

must be a canada thing. state farm does our boats and jetskis. $5000 value each on 3 separate skis $225 a year for all 3 skis.
State Farm insures everything for me right now. They also said it wouldn't be a problem to insure it, but like everyone else, they later said they don't insure standups because they're more dangerous than couches.

I just put in some security cameras, so hopefully that'll deter theft in the first place, but if I can get a face on camera and a general location, I think recovery shouldn't be a problem.

It really depends on where you are. Find my phone usually will pin my house at the room I'm in. This tech uses all the phones in the area, so more phones, more accurate. As I said before, I intend to do some testing in the spring. It may not get a signal at all when it's in my ebox.

Makes no sense. My state farm agent didn't even ask for pics. It doesn't say a standup on the title just a length. There is hands down more sit down accidents than stand ups. 10 fold.

I honestly think everyone is full of crap and hasn't even tried. I could insure a log right boq with state farm for 20k.

State Farm insures everything for me right now. They also said it wouldn't be a problem to insure it, but like everyone else, they later said they don't insure standups because they're more dangerous than couches.

I just put in some security cameras, so hopefully that'll deter theft in the first place, but if I can get a face on camera and a general location, I think recovery shouldn't be a problem.

It really depends on where you are. Find my phone usually will pin my house at the room I'm in. This tech uses all the phones in the area, so more phones, more accurate. As I said before, I intend to do some testing in the spring. It may not get a signal at all when it's in my ebox.
State Farm insures my superfreak and titan trailer for a declared value, all my other skis are with progressive but never had a problem with either... I was thinking of putting a little epoxy on an air tag and hiding them inside the hull on all my skis so if they were ever stolen I could find them fairly easily... not so much if they sink tho lol

Top Bottom