backie chan new new builder?

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
as long as your getting the same quality that the larger hull builders are putting out then the price should be on par with them. I cant see someone cutting themselves out of profit when they dont need to.

Even a plane jane BOB starts at $4000 (and can go up to $8500).... That is where I would price the Chan if it were me (maybe higher).

Most all other AM hulls are in the neighborhood of $8500 (there are a few "cheaper" exceptions).
That is an amazing amount of money for what you are getting. Anyway, Chans problem was Kevlar in the layup. They might as well have put separator film in it..

Am i reading this correctly. Usually i hear guys complaining about hulls being too expensive. A company picks up the Backie chan to bring the hull back to our market at a reasonable price and people are complaining its too cheap.... REALLY??????
Just what I was thinking

I believe the Aquabot is $4200

The stuff to glue the hulls together aint cheep iether. I think Tony uses stuff that cost $100 a tube the size of a normal caulking gun. Then the ton of man hours to go from some parts lieing around to a hull ready for you to bolt parts into. You better have some accurate jigs also to make life easier or you'll be a total stressball wondering if everythings going to line up correctly or if you just made a back yard planter.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
One thing to remember, they do not have the R&D time invested in building molds...... Who knows who much they spent. How much Glass material is actually needed for a hull build? How Much epoxy. With buying the molds, all they have to do is determine what the layup cost will be from their sub. What materials they have to buy (hardware, glass, epoxy, etc etc), and then determine what profit they need to put on the hulls and how many do they have to build to recoup their cost of the molds. After the molds are covered, that is just extra in their pocket.

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
One thing to remember, they do not have the R&D time invested in building molds...... Who knows who much they spent. How much Glass material is actually needed for a hull build? How Much epoxy. With buying the molds, all they have to do is determine what the layup cost will be from their sub. What materials they have to buy (hardware, glass, epoxy, etc etc), and then determine what profit they need to put on the hulls and how many do they have to build to recoup their cost of the molds. After the molds are covered, that is just extra in their pocket.

Biz 101

With the molds and hulls if offers more opportunity for the shop to sell additional build related parts, engines and engine work and to do more partial and complete builds.

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
I wish them the best of luck and hope they can produce some proper hulls! This route seems to have worked out for the Brawler Hull fellas...I have always been a fan of the lines on this hull.

Makes sense to start where they are on price. As some have questioned what is their experience. So being a new hull building/selling company, you price low even if it is for a small loss and get your name out with quality and service. Then if that succeeds and orders start to come in the price will go up. No business makes something and sells it cheap just to help the sport. The price will go as high as the market will allow. Look at the superfreaks, great ski and service, priced at the top of the market but people still buy so that is where it stays.

It's the" AFFORDABLE" bandwagon. Problem with that is if you build something new and cheap when its starts to catch there will be newer ones out and everyone wants to try the new one.

Top Bottom