backie chan new new builder?

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
I heard that steve Ortega the backie chan guy has taken a lot more money than people on the x know about, and now he just sells his stuff for a profit and moves on what a crook, he should be charged with theft,, x members can help don't buy a backie chan no matter who makes it go somewhere else and spend your money

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
I heard that steve Ortega the backie chan guy has taken a lot more money than people on the x know about, and now he just sells his stuff for a profit and moves on what a crook, he should be charged with theft,, x members can help don't buy a backie chan no matter who makes it go somewhere else and spend your money

The new purchaser of the backie chan molds is not tied to steve ( that I know of). Why should we boycott a company from producing affordable hulls that help further our sport?

swapmeet

Brotastic

I heard this thread is about a completely different company...

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Hopefully the new company does better than the previous. Glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon a couple years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Its too early to tell what these new backie chans will be like. There isnt even one done yet or on the water. It looks like they want to test it at the consumers expense. Selling the first 5 for 3200. I would of liked to see a demo or two first. Oh well. A big Thank you to the first five people who spend their money to test these out before i buy one with any issues resolved. But then again, they hired a 'glass expert'. What can go wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
Its too early to tell what these new backie chans will be like. There isnt even one done yet or on the water. It looks like they want to test it at the consumers expense. Selling the first 5 for 3200. I would of liked to see a demo or two first. Oh well. A big Thank you to the first five people who spend their money to test these out before i buy one with any issues resolved. But then again, they hired a 'glass expert'. What can go wrong.

The only thing being tested is the quality of the glass guy.

A big Thank you to the first five people who spend their money to test these out before i buy one with any issues resolved. But then again, they hired a 'glass expert'. What can go wrong.

That's pretty much what Steve did while he honed his layup process. Do you really think they are going to pop the first one out of the mold and ship it? FF isn't a startup, so I would imagine they will test their new hull before they go into full production and start shipping.

I wish these guys the best, and look forward to seeing them succeed with this sweet little hull.

Last edited:
all these hull deposits always blew my mind. kevbo has it right. if you cant afford the materials to build a hull then you shouldnt be selling them. i do understand if a customer wants something totally different and special, a deposit may keep them from backing out or changing there mind after the builder has spent a lot of money.

we typically tie up anywhere from 30-100 grand in materials and commercial items and usually dont get paid for at least 30-90 days.

we typically tie up anywhere from 30-100 grand in materials and commercial items and usually dont get paid for at least 30-90 days.[/QUOTE]

who is WE? you mean your bosses that are filthy rich or have financial backers? hole in the wall companies or individual broke dick dogs dont have the money to just put out there and let it sit until it comes back with a profit. larger deposits are insurance that the wishy washy buyer doesnt change their mind and pull out of a deal that the builder has time and money into.

team meaning a bunch of guys that pooled their money. obviously still leaving them enough money to survive between paydays. you have to have money to make money. either your money or somebody elses money. these builders are opting for somebody elses money(probably cause they have none) which is good for them and not so good for the buyers.

No, team meaning a group that works together. It's a very high overhead game I play. You wouldn't understand. Yes you have to have money to make it. If as you called then
M broke dig dogs can't pay for the materials to build a product then they shouldn't is all I'm saying. Peace.

Top Bottom